Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Storm Warnings Were Posted!! Went Beach Combing Instead!! :thumbup:

Cupajo

A coastal storm blew in last night with wind steady in the 35 MPH range and gusts reaching 50+ MPH!

Having finished my coffee and roll I donned my foul weather gear and rubber boots, then plastic pail and grabbers in hand headed out into the early morning light to see what may have been tossed onto the beach.

This was definitely a stay out of the water day with waves reaching 5+ and running high onto the sand even at half-tide!

The wind blown spray added to the drama of waves tearing their way ashore!

[attachment 146760 Todaysringfinds9-14-9140.jpg]

[attachment 146761 Todaysringfinds9-14-9136.jpg]

[attachment 146762 Todaysringfinds9-14-9148.jpg]

The distant barrier island known as Long Island is all that is keeping us from being submerged by the huge waves created along the ocean beaches by this storm and others like it!

I anticipated many wads of fishing line snarled in the countless clumps of seaweed washed ashore and was surprised to discover that there were fewer than I found yesterday without the driving wind and surf.

[attachment 146763 Todaysringfinds9-14-9155.jpg]

I found two flattened beer cans, a couple of pieces of rusty metal, heavy and the size of my hand tossed ashore by the force of the waves along with a full sized red brick. There were a few pieces of plastic including an ice cream bar wrapper, a candy wrapper, several pieces of glass (I save for a lady that makes window ornaments out of the many colored sea glass), a half dozen or so short pieces of mono-filament fishing lines and two large tangles of line I found ensnared in clumps of sea-grass one complete with "Octopus" Type hook!.

Toward the end of my hunt I found this fishing lure complete with one rusty treble hook and grabbed it with my grabbers as it was disappearing into the sand because of the water swirling around it.

[attachment 146764 Todaysringfinds9-14-9153.jpg]

After two hours of beach combing the water was still raging, but the wind and clouds were easing in intensity and under a fast clearing sky I headed for home content that I had made a difference by removing at least two rusty fish-hooks (my ultimate beach combing prize) from the sand.

Best Wishes To You All,

CJ

n/t

I would think that good items would also be washed upon the beach...not just the trash items. Will you be hunting this spot again when good weather returns? Kelley (Texas) :)

You are finding some good treasure items up there! How is Alice doing? Kelley (Texas) :)

Mikie thanks for your reply!1

I have a point that I no longer recall how I came to own.

Send me a message with a mailing address and I will be delighted to send it to you!

It is unlike any I have ever seen.

Regards,

CJ

Fred I suspect that the odds of winning the lottery are better than finding some "treasure" washed up on the beach!

Once in a great while dollar bills will wash ashore and twenties are not too uncommon.

I've often thought that a nice gold chain could become entangled in seaweed or perhaps a nice ring could be tossed ashore where I, the vigilant hunter, might spy it and have a great day!!

Alas, my Friend, the only goodies I have found are those things that were lost on the beach and not things that have been tossed there by the waves!!

Of course a detector will reveal all sorts of wonderful treasures if one knows how to use it and does so!

Sometimes they are barely buried in the sand and I have found some nice items in full view while using the machine!

When the sand moves out of the way I expect to get a lot luckier with finds.

Best wishes,

CJ

Alice is undergoing an operation this morning to remove her gall bladder.. With any luck at all, many of her problems will abate ... or at least be minimized.

[attachment 146861 a-lures-and-point-001.jpg]

[attachment 146862 a-lures-and-point-005.jpg]

Calm seas

Micheal

when I had mine out. It was done thru a small hole they made and far better than the old way. I was sure glad when that was gone, very painful thing when they go crazy on you. Lets hope this goes the trick for her. Nice lures you found and arrow head. Fresh water sure is easier on stuff than salt.

Geo

that we said "Hello." That is a nice arrowhead and those two lures look like a Lazy Ike type of lure, similar to the type used down here on some of the big lakes over in East Texas. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

Hi Mikie,

When my Mother-in-law had her gall-bladder out decades ago she ended up with scars and a long hospital stay that she was a long time recovering from.

My wife had hers out a few years ago and she has to look carefully to find the three, tiny scars!

I call that progress!!

Best wishes for a rapid recovery Alice!!

Lures rarely come out of the salt water looking that good!

Nice point too!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ