Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Smallest Diamond Ring I Ever Found!! :detecting:

Cupajo

The water was kicking up a bit, but I decided to take the Dual Field out anyway and after nearly three hours of being tossed about by the swells driven by the SE wind I called it a day!

Several coins and fishing sinkers and the smallest diamond ring I ever found were my reward for the struggle.

The band is marked 14K, but the band and the diamond are tiny (it stops at the first nuckle of my little finger)!

[attachment 143682 Todaysringfinds9-14-9122.jpg]

The band is so small I was surprised to see the speck of a stone.

I have found several smaller gold rings, but never with a diamond.

CJ

n/t

I've found several smaller gold bands in the past, but never with a stone.

Of course the tiny diamond is so small I had to use a strong magnifier to even see it!

Even though it is tiny I guess it is still a stone?

Glad to hear from you Friend,

CJ

may be baby rings as I've found similar ones like it and real tiny in elementary school play yards. I'm thinking maybe the grand parents
get them for the grandkids. I found one, 14k gold with small stone from Disneyland. Usually under the swing sets. They always bring and extra smile that your detector is working well. More so when you find the stuffed earing clips. My little Tigershark likes them in fresh water areas. The sounds from it are not enjoyable to hear but once you figure them out, they are small gold gatheres. Kids fine ankle chains are not a problem or any fine chains once you learn the right sound. Not what one would expect at all...

We been getting enough wind to turn things over for sure......

Geo-CT

Hi George,

One day when I run out of salt water to hunt I may try fresh water.

I figure gold is gold and I'll take it!!

One of my more interesting finds though!

Best to Ya Friend,

CJ

stopping off at the lakes, ponds, rivers on the way home from Watch Hill, or Ocean Beach so I could wash the salt out of my wet suit and mostly out of my gear. In the process I was finding goodies so on those days I didn't want to drive and hour I would hunt the fresh water around my place. The shower cleans it nice also, but more detecting seemed like a win win to me. No way you will run out of salt water hunting. I usually make it to Block Island right after the beaches close here for the summer but this year I didn't. Good food out there, great beachs and it gets infested with tourist wearing their nice stuff. I've heard of some nice wreck coins being found there, but I never turned up any. Same with Watch Hill.....I'm sure its there as that can be a nasty stretch of water, but the surf action there rough.

I used to like that beach down by Madison or Hammanasett Beach... Big Beach and I'm old enough to have the Sr Park Pass to get in for free. It can be used at all the state parks so it opened up a lot of new areas. Often on week days you have it to yourself. I like hunting in a light rain so thats the norm for me....

Anyhow, nice find for sure. Keep it up......

George

My Response To A Comment About My Good Luck!!

I hate to dis-allusion you Friend, but over the last twenty or so hours of hard hunting and even harder digging I have found this one tiny ring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pay my diggin dues regularly, by removing many bits and pieces of scrap metal from "My Beach" and once in a while get lucky and strike gold.

It's funny that the harder I work, the luckier I get!!

Yesterday I spent about four hours cruising in water nearly chest deep out close to where boats moor during the summer.

Not long ago I found an 18K ring out the in the bottomless sand there so decided to search again when conditions allowed.

Yesterday I found a pile of bottle caps one at a time and a few clad coins, a short section of steel chain and several mooring anchors!!

Closer to shore I found a silver (I think) figure of Jesus about 3/4 inch tall, a cheap earring and a few yards along a plated cross to hang Jesus on!

They weren't actually made for each other, but I found digging them up so close together an interesting occurrence.

The moon phase is right for low water and I hope to get out there again this PM.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Sorry for the confusion George,

This was a reply for the Beach and Water Forum and I thought it was worth sharing.

You'll notice too that I do admit that "once in a while" I get lucky and find gold.

I'm not ignoring the "luck" element that's for sure, especially on those rare days when more than one gold ring turns up!!

CJ

and like you do, getting out there and doing it. Winter my hunts usually come after a nor-easter storm and I'm tired of having cabin fever so head to RI on those beaches as they are exposed to open sea. Storms there do a major exchange of sand usually down to hard pan. Watch Hill is a 1 hr run for me, so not to bad. Point Judith is 1.5 hrs. Good area also. Hard part there is finding calm shoreline. I find in the light rain days, that they often are calm and another reason to hunt in the gentle rains. I used to hunt that with a guy named Vinnie but don't know what became of him. He was hard core hunter than faded out of it or at least in this area. Fun guy to hunt with.

George

I wonder how it ended up there where you found it...if only that ring could talk. This coming spring, I may go down to the Texas Gulf Coast and do some water metal detecting, or rather beach metal detecting and out maybe a few feet into the water. I would also like to explore some of the remote beaches and maybe find one of those glass balls used in fishing nets. Thanks for telling us about the little ring and your adventures while water hunting. Kelley (Texas) :)

There is a hunter named Vince who stays on the beach and also hunts tot lots.

He's a club member from the club in the Hartford area I think.

He doesn't water hunt and really would prefer to be called "Vince" as I found out in our two short conversations.

I like hunting the same conditions as you, but I do limit my travel to have more time hunting.

Being semi-retired allows me some freedom, but I still have to be available for work when emergencies come in.

Regards,

CJ

Hi Fred,

The best beach combing I ever had was on the "Gulf" side of the Matagorda Peninsula at an area only reached by boat.

I found several of those balls there as a teenager when my Dad, his brother and I were camping and fishing overnight.

You have to be very careful beach combing because of boards with nails in them being buried in the sand.

I found out the hard way as a 16 year old and will never forget the lesson.

The sand was soft enough to allow the nail to be hidden, but compressed when I stepped on it and buried it in my instep right through the sole of my sneaker!!

A word to the wise!!!!!!!

Fortunatly that evenings wading for flounder helped ease the pain and I healed nicely.

I'm told that today at certain times of year there is a vile bacteria that can take one's life in just this sort of situation.

Regards,

CJ