Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Old Gold!! :detecting:

Cupajo

Got my new dry suit wet this AM and gave it a real workout in the surf kicked up by a brisk south-west wind.

41/2 hours of hunting with the Dual Field resulted in two rings found along with the usual PI stuff (bits of nails, wire etc) and a few coins (all clad I think although some are encrusted).

[attachment 141853 Todaysringfinds9-14-9050.jpg]

The signet ring is 10K and the other has a French inscription and the date 9-24-09.

Based on the style and condition I'm sure this ring is over a hundred years old!!

Even silver won't tarnish much in less than a month.

I do like the dry suit, but had no one to snap a picture for you this time.

The struggle to get into it and out again demands dedication on the part of the user that's for sure!!

CJ

n/t

It sure don't make it easy to get chores done. Still splitting wood here. Should have it all done in time before the snow gets in the woods. That makes it a lot hard. I still have a fair amount out there cut up, just need to get it back here to the ranch. Like you and Wayne, the body is fighting me a little so it takes considerable more time. Do you have back up if you can't get wood?

Geo

Hi Mikie,

You are certainly welcome any time Friend!!

Hope that wing is healing as it should.

A body is in its natural state when well.

Most of the time we just have to let it happen and keep it that way by not "over doing".

Regards,

CJ

About 13 to 14 cords. That takes care of all three fireplaces [cabin, house and shop]. We will never be out of wood George. The furthest I travelled this year was 5 minutes from my door. We look for standing dead larch. And there always seems to be more than enough. Next year, I will get the same amount and have a 5-6 year supply. I always like to be prepared.

Fair winds

micheal

n/t

Thanks Willy,

I'm finding the Dual Field less trouble to use than the Infinium because of the auto-ground balancing.

They are equally fine machines and each is best suited for a particular task.

Where I hunt depth isn't a factor most of the time, because the sand has moved leaving behind exposed cobble stones (rock bottom).

The targets generally aren't very deep, but digging them from among the small boulders is a challenge.

The DF is in its element and so am I!

CJ

and a lot of it rotted on the ground. Then my kids decided it was easier to raid the wood piles for their boon fires, that had to have flames leaping 10 feet or they were not big enough. I try to stay 2 years ahead, but have to admit I've been a little lazy about it. Actually, truth be know, the back sets the pace of it all, and its telling me that my wood days are coming to and end. I do it in small bits now a couple times a day that might last 30 minutes. Then the back says stop. 2 herniated disc don't like this program any more.

Geo-CT

I heated my house with wood for over 21 years and had to buy in log length or scrounge up every stick.

Cutting, splitting, stacking moving wood in and ashes out finally got to be too much of a burden for me and my Frau!

I left the wood burning boiler in the system as a back-up when I hooked up the Buderus oil fired boiler next to it.

I also last year put in a propane gas log to act as an additional "back-up" just in case! (puts out lots of heat too)

CJ

Some days are better some worse.... about an hour a day is my maximum... But with a wood splitter, even that hour can be pretty productive.

Calm seas

Micheal

I dropped off the ring with the stone at a jeweler friends today and he is pretty sure the "stone" is synthetic in a 12 K setting.

He agrees that it looks like a "French" setting which goes along with the inscription.

He is going to have a gemologist/appraiser friend look at it even though he and I don't really think it has any significant value.

It is an object of interest if for no other reason than it is over a hundred years old!

CJ