Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Nor'Easter!! :detecting:

Cupajo

I didn't get out of the van at the beach this morning, because the wind and drizzle made it too uncomfortable!!

A couple of K-9 teams (handler and dog) one from Waterbury and one from Hartford were exercising where I could watch and enjoy their maneuvers.

The state's K-9 teams use the area along the shore in this small town for practice because there are few people around this time of year.

The wind has pushed the water into "The Sound" so high that the usually visible boulder out in the water at Old Colony Beach is only seen when the wave trough passes.

Huge swells are breaking hard at the waters edge throwing spray high into the air in the wind.

Unbelievable amounts of sand will be moved along the entire north-eastern seaboard because of this storm and when the water quiets down there will be newly exposed treasures to find.

So get ready fellow hunters!!

I'll be watching for Ya,

CJ

Even though I cannot get out right now, I live through your trips. It keeps the excitement and anticipation up.

Fair winds

Micheal

I just got back from my "morning stroll" on the beach that I had to postpone because of weather.

I found lots of small debris and one large (over a foot square) piece of steel sheet metal, some pieces of aluminum cans and foil, several pieces of mono-filament and one sharp fish hook on a mono leader!

I did a careful assessment of what the storm has been doing to "My" beach and it is very evident that huge amounts of sand have been pulled down off the beach and have moved the water's edge maybe 30'-40' farther out from the fence nearby.

The section of beach where I have made many of my recent finds is now under 1' to maybe 3' of sand!

Thanks Mother Nature!!:ranting:

Now I need to get out there and see if anything got uncovered farther out!

Come on Mom N. ease up on the swells and drop the water level a bit more!

CJ