Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Got a New Camera And Tried It Out Today!!:thumbup:

Cupajo

Just today I used my new Fujifilm 33WP digital camera for the first time.

I bought it after researching the five "water-proof" point and shoot cameras by various popular brands.

This one is generally only $149.00 where sold (the least expensive available) and had all the features I will ever need and then some.

It's water-proof to 10 feet and has a movie mode should I ever need it.

It fits in a normal sized pocket and is easy to handle.

There are a variety of colors available.

My main concern was splashing and I don't plan to take "under-water" pics.

There is a caution about sand and dirt getting into the microphone and if not rinsed off carefully, compromising the water-proof seal.

It will surely not take a lot of "abuse", but then I have never owned a camera that could except a couple of old Nikon Fs and even they were not water-proof!

Here are a couple of pics of the beach where I hunt taken at 2PM today with a NW Breeze blowing and temps in the high 20's and low 30'sF

[attachment 147468 PicsfromFuji33WP002.jpg]

[attachment 147470 PicsfromFuji33WP023.jpg]

Notice the big rock at a "winter tide" and the bed of cobble stones shoreward from it!!

I took a nice small gold ring out of that bed of stones early this year!

Here are a couple of youngsters who have to be some-what "off kilter" to be out trying to surf even on a sunny day like today given the small waves and very low temps!!

That's Long Island, New York on the horizon!

[attachment 147475 PicsfromFuji33WP010.jpg]

[attachment 147477 PicsfromFuji33WP011.jpg]

[attachment 147478 PicsfromFuji33WP018.jpg]

[attachment 147479 PicsfromFuji33WP019.jpg]

The camera was hand held by these 68 year old hands and the pics edited to fit the page.

The camera has a macro setting and when used it's best to set up a tripod for clear shots.

I am impressed with this little jewel, the first camera I bought for myself since 1974!

Regards,

CJ

PS I had one complaint that I almost forgot to mention because I was so impressed with everything else the camera does.

The screen is barely visible in bright light conditions and there is no view-finder!

I managed never the less to frame my shots fairly well!

It makes me happy that you have found a good camera to use and enjoy. Also, most camera viewing screens are difficult to see in bright sunlight. We hope that you post many pictures in the future...love to see what it is like up there where you live. Please enjoy that new camera! Kelley (Texas) :clap:

Thank you Fred for your good wishes!!

I've toyed with the idea for some time and have been using my wife's Olympus until I could get a camera that would suit me.

I didn't dare take the Olympus too near the water as it is easily ruined by the tiniest splash of salt water!

This little camera is amazing and is less costly than other "water proof" cameras!

If it gives me half as much performance as I think it will I'll be happy!

Best Wishes Friend,

CJ

The beach is about a half-mile in length and it has been my primary hunting ground for many years!

Most of the gold I wrote about finding in past posts came from these waters.

Have a happy holiday Friend,

CJ

Beautiful shots Cupa...The white ball at the tide line... that a mooring buoy??

Calm seas

Micheal

Hi Mikie,

The bouy was a hundred feet out in the waves a few days ago when the winds and tide pushed the water "over the top" during the Nor' Easter!!

It was put there by the recovery guy for some reason when all the rest were put ashore.

He may have been having a problem with his engine,

Here are a couple of sun-rise shots I got this AM.

[attachment 147511 PicsfromFuji33WP024.jpg]

[attachment 147512 PicsfromFuji33WP025.jpg]

The first was just after the sun peeked over the horizon and the second was a couple of minutes later when it cleared the horizon!

The tide was an hour from high and headed out, the water very calm and the stone is barely visible.

I'm really enjoying this little camera!

Thanks for your reply Friend,

CJ

n/t

So far I'm very pleased with this little jewel of a camera.

How they can cram so many features into such a small unit baffles me!

I'll see if I can post more interesting pics from time to time now.

Regards,

CJ

I have managed to drown a 'waterproof' camera every year for the past 3 years, take good care of your camera and make sure you rinse it clean religiously or it will drown on you. The salt concentration is higher here in Bermuda and I take my camera out into heavy surf with me when I hunt, those may be contributing factors but the bottom line is that these are not truly waterproof cameras. Ultra water resistant might be a better term, without a special housing they will eventually drowned on you, salt being the biggest danger.

Nice pics,

Eric

Thanks for your kind replies Friends!!

My thought is that if I use a sturdy "baggie" to store the camera until I need it which will generally be on shore, but at the very least only in the "splash" zone.

Submerging is not in my plans as of this writing!

See my new post for pics by this camera!

CJ