Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Got a call about a lost engagement ring on a nearby beach!! :detecting:

Cupajo

I had just parked my tired carcass on the couch with the ceiling fan stirring the air a bit to seek relief and a bit of rest from the very warm day when the phone rang.

It was a lady that had lost a diamond engagement ring and would I please help find it?

I rested perhaps 5 minutes and then called the three different numbers she left and no contact.

I grabbed a camera and headed to the area of beach she mentioned in the call.

I had visions of returning number 34 and smiled at the prospect of witnessing the joy on her face.

When I arrived at the place where I have VIP parking privileges near the beach from finding and returning the owner's daughter's diamond engagement ring a few years ago, I spent a few minutes chatting with a fellow that was interested in buying a detector and I explained that the Ace 250 by Garrett was a good place to start.

I strolled onto the beach watching for activity typical of a group of people searching for a lost ring and saw no such activity!

As I neared the water a fellow in a beach chair said to me that he could have used me and my machine a little earlier.

I asked if he was referring to the lost engagement ring of Ms X and he said yes.

He then told me how he had used a bamboo leaf rake and found the lost ring!!

A low tech solution that put my little Ace 250 to shame!!

It turned out that we knew one another via family/work connections and after a nice chat I fired up the little Ace for a little hunting before I transported these old bones home for the day.

A couple of well tarnished clad quarters and two newer pennies eased my disappointment for not being the Hero once again.

I am glad the ring got back to the owner no matter who did the deed.

I am a bit disappointed that the lady who called so frantically has not returned my calls.

Such is life in the world today!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

I just recieved a call from the lady who had called me about the lost ring and I as a bit premature in suggesting that perhaps she was maybe insensitive to my efforts!!

She expressed gratetude beyond measure that I would respond to her call so quickly even though it was wasted effort on my part.

She said she would have called sooner except that family matters had prevented her doing so!

I can sleep tonight knowing that my faith in humankind is not misplaced (Even though I do have my moments!!)!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ