Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Gold Over a Thousand Dollars this AM!!

Precious metals was always a hedge bet against bad times on the dollar. Not a good indicator is true.....

Did you make the rush to the free beaches now for the day after labor day hunts? We used to hit Hammansoett, then Rocky Neck, , then move on to Scarbrough and Watch Hill. A day of detecting.... I passed on it this year, at least so far as there was not a lot of time this year for swimmers to really use the water, except maybe the kids. Got 4 fresh water spots I need to try and hit this week. Short hunts, but usually offer up something.

George-CT

Hi George,

Hunted about three hours at Sound View this AM and may hit it again in an hour or so.

Most of the coins I have found look as if they are from seasons past.

No silver, but they show weathering that means they are not recent drops.

To keep travel to a minimum I hunt Old Lyme beaches and have never hunted others altho I know there are perhaps

better ones.

It's hard for me to stray too far from the phone especially in this economy.

Being self employed doesn't allow me much "free" time.

I would like to try the beaches you mentioned one day.

Best to Ya Friend,

CJ

Gold briefly shot up to a thousand a couple of times over the years, but never for more than a few hours.

When I saw the price this AM it made me start wishing I had held on to my stash too!

"Such is life", the French say!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ

More than likely less hunters all summer as its usually residents only. The State ones, get a lot of hunters so the beaches get pounded pretty hard. The plus side is many out of towers swim and wade and don't take their nicer jewels off. I find the locals usually leave it at home, at least the better stuff. After a few weeks at the shore now, I would only hunt after onshore storms NE or NW at the beaches I hunt. Then again, in mid winter, if we get a nice day above freezing, no wind, I like to hunt the RI beaches....Big area and its just nice to get some vitamin D on your body....

George-CT

I have a few rings that I have to bring in for testing,no marks and questionable,was thinking of buying a kit someday on Ebay hh oj