Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Fresh Air, Sunshine, Milder Temps and Metal Detecting!! What a Life!! :detecting:

n/t

Sorry to hear that you were hampered by rough water. I sounds to me that you might be building a new digger because putting a kick bar will only buy you some time, not reshape the digger. You may not have found very much this time, but I can tell that you enjoyed yourself, and that is what it is all about. Thanks for sharing this story with the Forum. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

It's all stainless and quite durable in spite of the bending of the wire screen.

In the Modifications Forum I posted details for building this simple tool a couple or three months ago.

Best to Ya Friend,

CJ

Hi Fred,

I reached over a five gallon pail in my van to pick up something and I leaned too hard on the rim of the pail.

By the time I realized what was happening I had bruised a rib and it really puts a crimp in twisting, lifting etc.

In spite of the wire basket being bent the scoop has a lot of life left in it yet.

I have another waiting in the wings, but want to see how many miles I can get out of this one.

Thanks for your reply Friend,

CJ

Why not just get one made. I use this scoop, it has a wood handle that will float up if for any reason you let go of it. It really takes some adbuse to. I like the 8" scoop. Comes with kick pad and adjustable lift handle. saves on the back.

Those are pretty good scoops, but for the kind of digging I have to do they will fall short in capability!

I built a welded stainless scoop in the early '80s and still use it today.

I call it my "Poor Man's Backhoe"!

It is the only scoop I have run into that can do what it does without putting me in traction!

[attachment 144580 SandScoopPoorMansBackhoe007.jpg]

I have moved tons of sand and heavy stone, as in small boulders, to recover my finds.

The scoop mentioned above is one I built for dry/wet sand hunting and can not be used in the water as it is too light for anything but sand and light gravel hunting.

[attachment 144581 Scoopparts015.jpg]

Regards,

CJ