Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Early Morning Spin On The Beach = Nice Ring!! :detecting:

Cupajo

Hello Fellow Hunters,

I thought you might like to see the results of this mornings brief hunt with my old Excal.at a local beach.

Only a few minutes into the hunt I heard what I was sure could only be junk, but dug it anyway.

Result====the first gold I have found with this detector!

[attachment 133199 Scoopparts.jpg]

I have found enough recent coins every morning to keep coffee in my cup, but no gold until today.

5 small diamonds and an old style setting made my day!!

CJ

PS A closer look under a loop revealed that there are not 5 diamonds, but sixteen very small stones!!

You are finding some good treasure on the beach. I think that I might just have to plan a weekend down at the Texas Gulf Coast and do some beach hunting.

The reason for a weekend is so that I could walk along some of the remote beaches and look for salvage items too. Last year, a friend of mine found a large glass ball on some remote beach, along with some old bottles and other stuff. He found the remains of a pleasure boat and got some brass parts from it too. When my folks lived down at Portland, Texas, they found a rod and reel in the water, but the reel was not any good because it had been in the water too long. I think it would be fun to spend a weekend at the coast looking for things. Kelley (Texas) :)

What I have come to regard as an old style setting is one that I rarely see these days, but was very common when I was a youngster.

It's kinda like I know it when I see it, but don't know how to describe it.

I don't think it is an antique, but I also don't think it is a "modern" style either.

I enjoyed beach combing the Matagorda Pennensula as a teen myself.

Lots of exotic flotsam and jetsam to be found, but one must be extremely wary of nails in boards when walking these beaches!

I got one through my sneaker and half way through my foot and never saw it until I pulled my foot off the thing using all the strength of my two arms while standing on the long end of the board with the other foot!

Hafta look carefully where you step!

Regards,

CJ

seeing two large rattlesnakes...they live in the large vines growing back there. I often wondered why they would go to the trouble of swimming the channel to live in those dunes when it would be to their advantage to live on the mainland. Kelley (Texas) :)

I'm sure every major storm submerges the low lying Pennensula and yet I have seen evidence of many large snakes there along with all sorts of other critters such as racoons & skunks.

Hard to understand I agree.

CJ

n/t

n/t

Around those rafts its really got to be fantastic. I knew quite a a few spots in this area in the salt water that had rafts and diving boards when I was a kid, and they took them out long ago do to town liability. Got to be years of stuff piled up there.. You got the ticket
to some great finds.

George-CT

n/t

busy as heck. Pressure washed the deck and whole house today and it is 1:30. I am a bit tired but it looks much better.

I think I can get my fat arse in my wetsuit now so maybe I can crank up the hooka and find some myself. Thanks for the inspiration!!

out there if your lucky enough to find it. I hit paydirt on one topo map of a place where 132 summer homes used to be. They were all on the topo and all long gone. Its been a great spot when I need my fix of silver coins....... I'd say those raft locations should do the trick for you and the new dusting unit...

Geo