Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: Another First!!:detecting:

Cupajo

Actually there were a couple of firsts.

In three hours of rough water hunting using the Dual Field I found my first stainless ring and my first silver ring with a gold inlay (on bottom).

[attachment 141731 Todaysringfinds9-14-9041.jpg]

[attachment 141733 Todaysringfinds9-14-9042.jpg]

The markings inside are 14K and .925 and the makers mark is three rain clouds.

The gold inlay is a band that wraps across the top and is not inscribed.

The two junk earrings were in one scoop full of stones and sand.

Hunters need to check carefully the contents of their scoop or sifter so they don't dump out a ring dug up with a nail or bottle cap.

I had a scoop with a senior ring and a small gold band as a child might wear in it.

Also check the hole and the surrounding area, where you may have dumped scoops of sand etc especially, because I have followed hunters and found coins and rings they walked away from just clear of their diggins.

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Hi Fred,

Metal detecting is fun for me now, but if I had to "earn income" doing it the four letter word "WORK" takes over and the fun would be gone!!!!!!!!!

Due to slowing down of work related to the economy and intentional slowing down, because I'm ready to slow down I am semi-retired now.

As long as I'm able I shall keep earning enough to take the strain off our meager savings and metal detect when I can.

I like your idea though of being able to pursue the hobby more often, just not as a job.

Regards,

CJ

n/t

Yesterday I spent the afternoon preparing my new dry suit for use and today I hope to have a successful maiden voyage.

The moon phase hasn't allowed the water to drop very low and I have not been able to get out where I want to hunt when wearing waders.

I'll let you know how things go.

CJ