Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: A quick look at old photos that I finally managed to get halfway decent copies of for your viewing! :smile:

Cupajo

From 1982 (please excuse the quality)

[attachment 130815 100_0009_2.JPG]

Shortly after I sold all the silver I had to free up some space.

From 1983 (includes the finds from '82)

[attachment 130816 100_0011_2.JPG]

And from 1984 (Total for three years of hunting at every opportunity!) (less the silver I had sold! Maybe as much as is pictured!!)

[attachment 130817 100_0014.JPG]

I never counted silver rings, only gold!!

Last count after three years ---275 gold rings!!!

Gave away a few, returned 33 to the owners and last year sold the rest @ $635.00 per ounce!

Silver-----------maybe fifteen pounds!!!

Factor in the total time spent hunting and the return=maybe $5.00 per hour!!!

Enjoyment from hunting and returning rings----Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah the good old days!!!

GL&HH friends,

CJ

n/t

It is typical of us humans not to appreciate how great things are at any given time in our lives!

When I found all this treasure I was grateful for the finds and the experience, but didn't realize at the time that it wouldn't go on as it had.

There would be no more days of finding 6 gold rings in a few hours hunting and there would be more and more hunters competing for the spoils!

I am grateful for having been there at a time when I could experience the thrill of those days and for having the good luck of acquiring the right equipment to meet the task!

I have my old friend Bill Peckam at Will Jean's Detectors at Killingworth, Connecticut to thank for steering me to what was the most comprehensive equipment at that time the Garrett's XL500PI detectors.

No one else locally was armed with the hunting weapons I had!!

The results are evident!

Bill moved to Florida and when I tried to reach him recently I wasn't able to make contact.

Hope you're well and enjoying life Bill!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

On rare occasion still come across a spot thats been missed or hunted lightly but it sure brings back the fever. I've never sold any of the jewelry but do take the clad and save it and then purchase a gold coin of some sort that I like. Usually in the Indian Head Series. I just like the looks of them and never found one.

I went to Will & Jeans a few times down that way as my buddy lived in Clinton and owned a boat yard there. We used to hunt Hammonassett Beach at the time. I have not been there in 5 years now.

Geo-CT

Hey George,

All the rings in these pictures came from Sound View and the other beaches close by.

I could never see the need to run all over the countryside for hunting grounds when there was treasure to be found at my doorstep!

I have never hunted Hammonaset or any of the other local beaches for that reason.

I may be forced to move one day if I can no longer find anything here!

GL&HH Friend,

CJ