Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaflag: A Few Days Ago I Hunted at Low Tide :detecting:----------------

Cupajo

for three hours or so and found a nice 14K men's wedding band with a date in '65 inscribed in it.

[attachment 139296 Picture.jpg]

Yesterday the waves chased me out after a little over an hour with a few coins and a silver? hoop earing. (It was coated in a gold wash which disappeared when I cleaned it!)

Today the same stretch of beach worked very carefully for a third time produced these lovelies within 30' or so of one another!

[attachment 139295 Todaysringfinds9-14-9.jpg]

The high school ring is 10K and 2008 (I may search for the owner, but with gold where it is I'm tempted to------------)!

The 18K man's ring has six small diamonds and a chipped emerald, but is a fine example of an antique setting!

Each of those days started with the water calm as you like and in an hour or so the waves were causing me to struggle to stay dry!

I'm seriously thinking about a drysuit to give me freedom from avoiding swamped waders and allowing me to hunt deeper water.

I am enjoying the Whites Surf Master Dual Field a lot and three gold rings in as many days isn't a bad way to start with a new machine!!

GL&HH Friends,

CJ

Hi Buck,

Thanks for your reply!

I wish I knew as much about treasure hunting when I lived in Arizona as I do now.

GL&HH,

CJ

I really like that emerald/diamond.. I have a couple of drysuits. I use them in the winter. If you do get one, get some ankle weights. If you fall over, all that air rushing to your feet can be a problem without the weights.

Calm seas

Micheal

Hi Mikie,

I have a divers weight belt with a quick release buckle, but no dry suit as yet.

I want to do some winter hunting as I have in the past, but am not looking forward to the problems I have had with waders.

Any suggestions for a source, style or brand of dry suit?

Good boots and gloves are needed too.

Thanks for your reply Friend,

CJ

n/t

I had to send my Excalibur back in for repairs I sure hope to get it back soon. Going to swamp of to a 8" coil too. You keep up the great finds too. Have A Great Day.

That, however, might just be me. I found it restricted movement and was bulky. I needed far more weight too. On the plus side, it is far warmer.

The divers weight belt will hold you in place. However, in a worst case scenario, if you get knocked off your feet, it will not help you get yourself upright. The ankle weights will do that by placing extra weight where it is needed to overcome the air that can/will rush to your feet. It can be pretty difficult to lower your feet if the ankle pockets are full of air.No matter which one you get, it is a good idea to get a dry suit fuzzy under suit. Movement is easier and you are warmer.

Good gloves, like you say, will help. Do not get them too thick though...... that restricts movement.

Good luck

Fair winds

Micheal

how old do you think is that 18k ring, they do not make many like that these days. Most were like that through the 40's and nearly all European jewelery is still high Carat.

My belief is that the ring is from the 40s or the 50s at the latest just based on the style.

But then I'm no expert!!

Thanks for your reply and I hope mine finds you and Carol in better circumstances.

CJ