Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:usaa:Wayne, looks like we are being sabotaged again!:rage:

vlad

During the night, hurricane Ike turned a little north. So instead of Corpus Christi getting hit, it will
be Galveston/Houston. And Lake Charles will get tropical storm winds, but we are STAYING!:stars:
We left for Gustav, and the worst here was 50 mph winds and an inch of rain. I swear,
if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all!:bouncy:

best of luck to you and all there. I was wondering where it may go and which of my friends may be affected.
Will be watching it but keep us updated if you can please?

n/t

n/t

Lets hope it hits with less force than they are predicting. Lets hope all your luck is good from here on in. Geo-Ct

Ham Radio and not much coming out of there. I'm told most of the cell towers are down from lack of power and there is not a lot of people there yet. My daughters friend was just moved from New Orleans to Texas. He is a lineman for the Connecticut Light and power and they went down 2 weeks ago. He said a lot of work to do and a lot of it out in the flat lands, they can't even get at with trucks. Most of the Ham Radio work is being handled by locals on 2 meters. They made out better than they thought they would but still took a beating from all I hear and see.

Geo

I was minimally affected-lost power for 5 minutes, but other parts of Lake Charles still do not have power,
and some areas were flooded. As of Monday, people were still being rescued from flooded areas. I did
have a Live Oak that was 5ft in diameter split right down the middle, taking my neighbors power out
with it. The winds here were 60 knots, but Beaumont 60 miles away experienced 90+ knots. Galveston
got killed-the storm surge far exceeded the sea wall. I remember Geraldo Rivera on Fox News
getting swamped and pulled under, then rescued by some firemen. Personally, I wish they had nailed his
sorry butt to a tree for the duration of the storm.
I feel for the people of Galveston because recovery will take a long time.

n/t

sorry that you have a loss in the family, i guess the gov't forgets the "passport" you had when you served your country. Governments are all the same when it comes to being stupid.