Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Uploading photos

travchance9991

I took some digital pics of the half dimes and other coins I dug up last wekend but the site won't let them upload. Any ideas? File too big? How can it be made smaller? Thanks, Bill.
By the way, also found front part of a two piece button with eagle on an anchor over 3 cannon balls with 13 stars around the edge. Sound familar to anyone out there?

Most times the file is too big. Set your camera to the lowest setting...normally .03 meg. This should work for you.

Thanks for the info, I've got them uploaded now. One of the 1854 half dimes has been holed but the other two coins are in decent shape. The two halves were found at another "worked out" school, the 1903 was only around 9 inches but there were 2 nails and a square piece of iron about an inch in diameter in the hole with it, one of the mercury dimes also had a square piece of iron in the hole with it. The walking half was easy, my older brother got the signal with his CZ6 but was going to pass it up because it only said "coin" on his machine and was only 3 inches deep, He assumed it was going to be another memorial penny. When he had me check the signal I had a really good idea what he was going to dig up. If anyone out there has any ideas about the button please let me know. Unfortunatly the back of it is missing so I have no idea what the backmark may have been the front shows an eagle on an anchor with 3 cannon balls underneath and looks like 13 stars around the edge, Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill.

Unfortunately I believe the button is of a blazer...1940ish. Will check some more on it though....great finds!:thumbup: