Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Upgrade to Cibola from Ace 250

I have been looking at the Cibola for the last month, read alot of reviews & field test, and it seems to do what I want.....and the price is right.........I have an Ace 250 that has served me well, but it won't pick up a coin sized target below 6"......I have a test garden with a silver dime at 4" and 1947 nickel at 5" and a silver quarter at 6"-7".........It will hit solid on the dime and nickel but just won't hit on the quarter........(wet or dry conditions) I live in Oregon and in the parks I hunt I can run the machine at 6-8 bars on the sensitivity most of the time.....trashy parks I run less......I have the stock 6x9 and 9x12 coils........The deepest coin size target I have dug was 6".....(token about the size of a 1/2 dollar)

Looking for input from Cibola users, ...........Will I get below my 6" dead zone?

Thanks for your help

D

hi there just a sugestion try the vaquero then you got your self manual ground bal, then you can fine tune or go to that place and not wonder if auto bal is going to take care of the prob

I had a ace then picked up a Vaquero. I choose it over the cibola to get the GB adjustment for when I travel to different areas. With the fixed GB of the cibola you might not always be hitting as deep as possible due to ground conditions, if the V is in your budget take a look at it. Either the Vaq or the cibola will get deeper than the ace and you'll have much better target separation in trashy areas(fast retune). My 2 cents

I have and use an Ace 250 w/4

I also have both machines and the Cibola is definitely the better unit. Superior depth, pinpointing & discrimination, and less falsing. I never use the Ace on land these days, I keep it for the beach where it is fantastic on dry sand with the 9 x 12 coil.

From what i heard about Oregon's high mineralized ground I'd go with a unit that has manual GB as well. I use to own the ace 250 too. The meter was pretty good but I never found gold with it. Probably because I always notched out the pulltabs and zincs when I hunted with it. I'm surprised that you couldn't pick up the deepest coin with the larger coil. But that may be because of the soil as mentioned.