Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on working to get ready for selling my STUFF, furniture, collectibles and things! I have discovered...

Ma Betty in MO

many of my finds and detecting info that I had forgotten about after my ex left home and the divorce! It is like :detecting: all over again! Haven't finished as yet, so wonder what other surprises I will discover? Lots and lots of Books and Magazines, as I saved them all that were interesting to me.....like Rock Hound, Treasure, National Geographic, vacation info from the 60's, 70's and early 80's....and on, and on and on! My mom and Cliff collected and kept the same books and mags like me and many story books because we all loved to read! But when kept, they fill up a basement! :lol: Working hard when I can and trying to have fun with it all in spite of back aches and etc. Smell like Icy Hot medication most of the time but no one but me to smell it! :lol: May God Bless you all and may God be merciful:ul to those with severe medical problems like cancer and those who lack finances in this very expensive economy in Jesus' name I pray! Amen! :angel: Ma

Hi Ma,
It's too bad we can't get a group of detector volunteers to travel to your location for a week to help you get your home ready for sale.

n/t

too hot right now for garage and yard sales! God is good and provides different ways of borrowing more money or cashing in or borrowing on my Life Insurance policies! One is a 20 year Term paid for many, many years ago but borrowed on with loan paid back....I have a policy for my kids to try and pay off my funeral and medical expenses, if any when it's time for me to leave this old world, but I can borrow on what has be1en paid in but will need paid back for them to get the full amount it has been insured, as I have only paid into it about five years.....long enough that they will get the amount ins for, unless I cash it in or borrow on it! God has provided for me to live here since 1974 and I've deep roots at a great location and good neighbors and friends....very difficult to sell and move on but I need to do it! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow and for helping us to endure and overcome all trials, for He is good and good all the time as Mikey says! Amen! Ma

no A/C right now, it is too hot inside, even in the basement without a fan....I move it from room to room to keep cooler, but not up and down stairs...nice fan.....which is noisy and heavy! About 10 degrees cooler in basement but still get hot, sweaty and tired while working! I do it in bites about 4 hours at a time is all I can do and then I need lots of sleep and rest to overcome that! I will eventually get most of the sorting and repacking done for selling and then clean basement, so I can move boxes and bags in assorted piles to not look so bad like it has been! Need to clean upstairs and do some touch up painting from the repairs that were done by the sloppy handymen.....not their home and basement so don't care, as long as they get their work done and are paid for it! No pride in doing the best work they can any more....just get it done and go say the bosses! SAD! SAD! Thanks again for the good and helpful thoughts but I will get it done eventually and with God's Holy Spirit's guidance in what to do, it will be done! Amen! :angel: Ma

Blimey Ma,it sounds as though you have more energy than most of us put together.Take it easy and don't over do it......slow but steady gets things done the quickest.Hope you get everything sorted soon.

Ma you may get tired and exhausted. But I bet you are tougher than all of us. Like Mike said keep on keeping on.

my sister-in-law called and said I could go over to her house, if I wanted to so I could keep cooler with A/C, but I use the fan at night and keeps me cool enough while in bed so I can sleep...the air from the fan along with my oxygen at night makes me really sleepy! Actually the air from the fan makes me sleepy in the daytime but I have things to do, so don't have time to nap unless I overdo it! Skipped going through some boxes to find out what was in them as I had them marked with glass and etc......so will have to look when getting things ready to sell! Lots of magazines of all kinds....I had so many hobbies and liked reading the mags that went with my hobbies! Besides writing over 3,000 poems by God's Holy Spirit's guidance, I sewed, crocheted, embroidered, did craft work and made many things, like Christmas Ornaments, clothes for Tami and myself, Barbie Doll and Cabbage Patch dolls clothes, read books when I had the time, cleaned house and believe it or not, I even metal-detected which I did as often as I could! Was club secretary for a while, years ago in early 80's, went with the group from the club on special outings, so though slow...no moss grew under my feet! :lol: Also, joined Weight Watchers and lost 25 pds in 4 months and joined Wilton's Cake Decorating class and baked and decorated cakes for my family, friends and the club members!

In the 70's after moving here in 1974...I even had a garden and planted and grew tomatoes cucumbers, corn and etc. Gave many to my neighbors, as they produced too much for just my family! Yes, I am farm tough or had been until physically and emotionally ill from my ex-husband divorcing me and then finding out I have COPD, Osteoarthritis and other physical ailments....but the best of all is I have Jesus. Who has helped me to keep living and be strengthened in His joy through it all.....But I miss :detecting: which I enjoyed more than all my hobbies.....I haven't written any poems for awhile but I know when it is time to do so again, the Holy Spirit will give them to me! Oh, did I say I am a writer, too! LOL! Well, gotta shut up and get ready for bed soon, may you and everyone have a good night and keep on, keepin' on with Jesus and going :detecting: Good luck in finding the goodies ya'll... :angel: Ma

Wow Ma you are an inspiration......i'm exhausted just reading about all your hobbies and activities lol.I love making things myself and am currently setting up a small craft type business making clocks out of rocks.It won't make me rich in monetary terms but it will help pay the bills and I will be earning from something I love doing.We also moved to the coast recently and took up kayaking which we love and we also do a bit of cycling.Being by the coast I am doing more beach detecting,there is nothing like walking by the surf and listening for a good signal,i don't really care if I find anything,just being there is enough.
Since moving here I feel more at peace and my enthusiasm for trying different things has increased.....i feel alive again.
I don't think i'll ever be able to fit in as much as you have, but each day is a gift and I am going to make the most of every one so I can look back on my life and say I made the most of it.God bless Ma.

is that I will be 78 years young on the 22nd and after farm life and graduating in 1953...I left home and came to St. Louis, MO which has been a long time to do hobbies and accumulate lots of Junk or treasures as some would call them, depending on their likes and dislikes! Also worked outside of home when the two oldest children were young! But I haven't done as much as I wanted to....piano playing was one I never took up, but my youngest daughter took lessons and did pretty well, learning to draw and paint pics was another ( have books bought but never used) :sad: I have song books from churches I used to attend and from school days but not a singer (well not any more with COPD) :shrug:

Lots of crafts I wanted to do but didn't....and I didn't keep sorted my finds but put in boxes and bags and forgotten about, as :detecting: them was foremost on my mind! Steve in So La, who is from So Az. has done a lot displaying his finds in nice and interesting ways! So going to church, working, hobbies of different kinds kept me busy over the many, many years, I've been in St. Louis County and mostly alone after 1986, when my ex left the home and my youngest daughter too after her 18th b'day! I would have liked to hunt beaches (did in FL on one vacation by myself and with friends....the club president, Bill and his wife, Judy) for it sure would have made it easier for me to dig after becoming ill with COPD and Osteoarthritis but none around where I live as most too far to travel to and hunt by myself! You are blessed with a beach and starting anew, so have fun and be blessed of the Lord and allow Him to be your guide, for life is far better with Jesus than without him! God's Word is a fountain of refreshing and renews us each morning when read and studied diligently! May God Bless you, your family and any hobbies you want or like to do! Oh by the way I have Sea Shells that my mother and brother collected in FL and many rocks she found and kept and I collected and kept!

Did I say that we all seemed to be hoarders?? :lol: Mom collected arrow heads on the farm when she found any...I have a few but don't know what she did with the nicer ones she found....she would get mad at dad and may have reburied them....he made fun of her in almost everything she did and was supposed to work only and not read or do other things that were interesting to her, she read a lot and her main hobby was sewing and making quilts on an old Singer Sewing Machine which I have in the basement! All dad did was work on the farm, work in St. Louis, worked at the Fletcher Smelting Mine when older and repaired farm machinery and tools....he did go fishing, frogging and swimming once in a while, but that was about it for his fun! A Workaholic for sure but did make us a living and it is difficult to do that on a small farm (72 acres) Well bye, enuf said for now! :angel: Ma