Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Update on my visit to the ER yesterday!

Missouri--Ma Betty

Sure was a long day....and was poked, IV'd, questioned over and over by everyone coming who saw me, was up and down to restroom and then back into bed which was very painful, finally after all day with samples this and blood drawn...which they had a chore doing from one arm to the other (guess I haven't much blood or my veins don't cooperate...anyway they said they found nothing wrong, although I hadn't gone #2 for 4-5 days and had trouble urinating...that is why I was up and down so often to the restroom...I told the doctor that didn't help my back and it was still very painful, so they had a Contrast CT done and found I have a compressed fracture in my lower spine....filled prescription for a liquid for my back which I use in my nostrils...which is supposed to relief the pain and build the bone...have 30 days supply, a bottle of stuff that makes your bowels move and after all day today, they finally did...sure glad of that and have Vicodin pills for the pain! Sure happy to be over the ER visit to be resting at home again!

Still have to be out of my home by July 22nd, so Carolyn is working hard as I tell her what needs to be done and my son-in-law, Bill, and my son, David are supposed to be here this weekend, but not sure about David but Bill will providing I have a storage unit to store boxes in---what isn't donated or taken to Carolyn's place, as I intend to live with her for awhile but don't know how long! Well that is my story and I am sticking to it...for now anyway! :lol: Also, going to have a dumpster and men to put all the stuff in it that I don't want or can't store anywhere...have to have the garage and house empty, but had so much stuff left over from the auction that didn't sell! The buyer and I are going to share the cost of the dumpster ($400) and he paying the expense of the men to load it.....so blessings as well as trials! God Bless! :angel: Ma

I'm glad they found out what was wrong. But not glad you don't feel good. I will keep you in my prayers Ma.

As for dumpster, you would be surprised that you can put the stuff at the curb then put a free ad on Criagslist and people will come get it. Also often Salvation army or similar will come get it.

Ma, I'm glad to hear your back home and beginning to do better. For what it's worth, Vicodin is 'known' to cause 'blocked' or 'hardening' of the bowels and makes it very difficult to have a bowel movement. Been there - done that and it isn't fun. Hope your feeling better soon. Prayer for you Ma.

Thanks Travis! Back is still very painful when I have to move; especially when leaning forward, which I am not supposed to do until my back has healed some...but have to as I don't have anyone living with me to help all the time! :angel: Ma

These are small towns near me and I understand they don't pick up and have to take all donations to their places and put in their buildings! No time for Craigslist, as I have to have a storage unit by Friday, or my son in law won't come and move everything to storage and to Carolyn's place which he wasn't planning to do because it is 40 miles and 40 miles back to and from her place and I don't think he will be here more than one day because he is busy with other things that seem to be more important to him and my daughter! :cry: I sure hurt if I have to get up and down or bend over.....like my back is cutting in two...with terrible pain and I come close to falling! :angel: Ma

The bottle says Naproxen generic for Naprosyn which is the same as Aleve, I think, which I've been taking a long time! Vicodin that I used to take before getting so expensive wasn't Aleve I don't think! Anyway, I am only allowed 2 a day but could take more because the pain is so great at times! Been taking Meta Musal for constipation, which was for more fiber to make a person's bowels move but now my daughter (a Nurse) tells me that Fiber blocks and makes it more difficult to move the bowels! Oh well, darn if I do and darn if I don't! :angel: Ma

Again, thanks everyone for your prayers....I have faith all will work out with the move, so I can get my $10,000 cleared with contract with the buyer through the lawyer...will have to pay about $1000 or more when I get completely out of here with God's help and others! AMen! :angel: Ma

n/t

Don't care for that kind of action either. Glad they could help you. Don't forget if you have some good stuff to get rid of the Am vets will usually come out with a truck and make a pick up Take care, get better,and GOD Bless.

Hi Travelling Mike, Not sure about the AM Vets but the Salvation Army won't pick up in these poor, little towns! Carolyn and I are going to store most of the good stuff and then distribute around to the places after I've moved and we settle down! Storage unit isn't that much in cost and will have some of my things in it, too, as she has a small trailer with an add on and doesn't hold much either...sooooo will do the best we can! :angel: Ma