Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Up and Running!!!

AllenOK

After 4 weeks of Internet withdrawls, we have a working PC again. Thanks to a friend giving me a monitor and a keyboard, I was able to get my desktop fired up and connected. It will probably be a week or so before I can get my laptop up and running. The OS is corrupted, and the rescue/recovery CD-ROM that I got with the laptop just moves the corrupted OS to another partition, then formats the rest of the HDD. I'll have to order a new CD-ROM with the actual OS on it, so I can completely wipe the HDD and re-install XP.

This means that I did loose some data. The last backup CD that I am sure I burned was dated March, 2006. I seem to think that I burned a backup shortly before I moved from MI, but I didn't label that one, and will have to look high and low for it.

I have been hunting. The day my laptop caught a cold (virus), I found a '53D Roosie. I've found several Wheat's, and 8 marbles. Just last Monday, I even found a couple OK 1 mill Tax Tokens. I've got several nice-looking spots to hunt, once this blasted weather clears.

HH from Allen in OK

that damn pc and take it to the backyard then load your 30 odd 6 and put some holes in it :clap:

Just kidding, welcome back Allen!

Think Different, Think Macintosh :thumbup:

Just could not stay away from all this nice sunshine down here,lol.
Our local store is out of lots of think, bread,milk,diet pop,tators,and more.
Hope that you are enjoying all this sunshine.
HH...BJ

I got my paycheck today, so we went to the Wally-World that's just a mile from here. We waited <b>20 minutes</b> in line at the cash register! Everyone in the area was buying groceries, ice-melt, etc. The same thing happened with the last storm.

I just hope that we don't loose power from downed electrical lines. We moved in to this place a couple of monthes ago, and while there is a fire-place, I don't know if the chimney is clean, nor do I have any firewood.

HH from Allen in MI

Firewood is like $60 to $70 a rick here. We don't have a fireplace.
I guess I could hook up a gas heater or put on coveralls and get into a sleeping bag, if the elect goes out.
We have lost power in the summer, 4 to 6 hrs, no big deal.
One ice storm hit several years ago, some people were with out power for a month or longer.
Take Care & stay warm.
BJ

hope you are OK .... sounds bad over there.
So far we have about 1" of ice and (I hear) lots more to come...
Lots of power out in Springfield but so far our
power is still on -- YEY -- my house has a back-up power
system but it takes a lot of fuel to keep it running.

take care and stay warm !!
mike