Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual Question ???

Lee- IN

This may be a silly question. I have had my F75 about 3 weeks and have done very well hunting the old house sites that today are bean and corn fields, Got some large cents, Indians, Barber dime, Good for tokens and lots of brass and copper. The farmers have put the crops out and the fields are off limits until this fall when the crops come out. We now have to go to the old parks, they have been hunted hard, But I am sure there are still some nice coins "Down There" Which I hope to find. My question is what settings on the F75 are people using in the parks that still have lots of pull tabs and screw caps. See I told you it was a silly question. Thanks. Lee-IN

I think it's a good question actually, one I'm interested in too as I have done mainly relic-type hunting mostly but like you will be forced out of the fields once they are planted....
I would suggest some experimentation is in order. I'd definately utilize the BC mode to help on the rusty caps. Maybe a tones set-up with a "b" too. Also, if tabs become a problem it may be a good time to try the notch system. See where the pesky items like a tab falls numberwise, & then "slash" out that area. Maybe you'll only need to slash a 5 digit range. I don't like to slash or notch too much as I feel I'm eliminating a nice gold ring or indian heads....
If bottle caps are not a problem & you feel confident with the F75, you may also try the JE process that seems realy hot on items like indian heads & nickels. But folks need to keep in mind JE is a "hotter" process mode & if you want a depth increase, expect a chatter increase too....
The old city park I go to has minimal tabs & such so often I will just run all metal mode and dig anything above the iron mark of 15. I don't mind clearing out some trash to unmask some indian heads....
Hopefully some of our park/old coin experts will chime in with their settings too (I'm reaching a little):)....
HH,
Bill

I'm sure there's folks on here with F-75's that have more park time than I do, but one thing I've been playing with at old school yards is the following: sensitivity as high as stable, Dp audio, bottlecap process, notches as preferred, disc at around 6. Some folks have said they lose a "little" depth with the Dp audio, but I seem to be able to offset it with a little higher sensitivity (in my dirt). One thing I've noticed with this is that the deeeep old coins give a "quieter" high tone signal than with the other audio modes. It seems like the audio response volume is very depth dependent in this mode (ie: shallow loud, deep quieter).. I could be wrong with that guess, but it seems that way. I watch the depth gauge on the face and dig the deep stuff. I plan to play with this setup a little more and see how it does.

hh'n

Mark in NC