Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual quarter

K Wood

Has anyone saw or found a quarter like this? It is a 1989 that I found last Wednesday, I noticed the silver right off where the star is, but the rest of the coin was the usual dirty clad, was hoping it was silver till I saw the date and in it went with the other clad. Got home and gave the coins the usual 48 hour soak in distilled water and dawn. Today I started cleaning, the star jump right out at me after running under some water. I have since used used alcohol swab to clean the coin further as well as a fiberglass coin brush. Any thought or suggestions on this coin would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpeg
    IMG_0317.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0318.jpeg
    IMG_0318.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
How much weight do you think electro-plating would put on? This coin is weighing in at 5.5 to 5.6g on my coin scale.
I ain't necessarily saying it is electro-plating, just going off of the pictures.

You could get that same effect on a quarter, by a couple different ways. 1: You could put a sticker on it & then bead blast the quarter. It would leave a shiny spot in the shape of a star where the sticker was.

2: You could put a star sticker on a quarter, then put it in a stainless steel pin tumbler. It again would leave a shiny star shape/effect on the quarter where the sticker was.

I can think of a few more ways as well.