Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual, or just Tennessee?

2Chance

Hello all,

I am new to the forum setting,but have been an unfaithful MD'er for some time. I recently purchased a second detector for my partner to hunt with me and as I checked into Metro Nashville parks and some state parks metal detectors are prohibited.....Is this normal and if so where do you go to find the tot-lots? Thanks in Advance AM:blink:

In Michigan some parks are open some closed to metal detecting. The parks you can hunt be careful when digging use a pin pointer a small garden trowel and a screw driver to dig with.Don't cut plugs only flaps use a cloth to recover the fill dirt Don't dig deeeep holes. I was searching a park when a park ranger was watching me dig I got a deep signal and knew the target was deeper.I filled the hole in and moved on,after about fifteen minutes the ranger drove away on his gater.I returned to the target opened the flap and dug down about a foot.This was a very difficult target the S1 probe still gave a signal anyway more digging and I recovered a 1936 Walking Liberty half.Use common sense is the point.I' m sure you'll find a park or school to search in your area legally. Welcome 2chance to the forum.Good Luck

Welcome to the forum 2Chance,

You came the right place. May not be able to find a better forum.

But don't let that stop you. It's all about the hobby.

Lots to learn and share.

That's tough, banned parks!!. All the city parkes around here are fair game, except a few.

Corp lakes require a permit.

Some other state and fed parks can be hunted with a permit.

Good Luck,

Hello and Welcome 2Chance. I grew up and lived most of my life in Davidson County. There are many places to hunt,while detecting there I never hunted the parks or tot lots. Are you interested in relic hunting ? I could give you a few tips if so :wave:.

Terri

Hey TabDog who did you talk to with the Corps that said you could hunt with a permit? I was told by my local Corps guy that the only place I could hunt was on the swim beaches. Everywhere else on corps land was off limits. He mentioned the archeological rules on Federal lands. Maybe different lakes have different interpretations of the law?

I don't think it's much different.

I can only hunt "day use areas". That includes swim beaches, playgrounds,
designated walking trails and the immediate area around the camp sites.

I keep the permit in my car.

HH,

Terri,
everyone here has been great. I take it you don't live here now.. I would love any tid-bits on places to hunt, the next Mid-Tenn club doesn't meet again until April and I am very anxious to get out there with my partner and show her how much fun it is.
Thanks Again,

AnnMarie