Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unusual Gold Find

jim in socal

Went hunting yesterday in the usual places that seem to produce. In addition to the child's dolphin ring, I found these two 'gold nuggets' about three feet apart. I had to sift through the sand with my fingers to finally pinpoint them. The nuggets look like parts from dental work...the remains from a gold crown?? These were all found in a 20 square area on wet sand. Funny how the wave action seems to segregate the heavy materials to one general area. I know some folks have found dentures, but parts of teeth...odd stuff. Surely they aren't from the same person. Anyone else found dental gold?

Very Interesting Finds, WTG!
It seems improbable that you would find two fillings only feet apart and that they would not be from the same source. Who knows, perhaps a shipwreck victim's final remains.
Nobody gets out of this life alive.
Perhaps they are nuggets lost on a return journey from the California Gold Rush.
Certainly more interesting than clad coins.
:goodnight:

The ring weighed 1.49 grams and the fillings weighed 1.46 and 1.84 grams, respectively. Dental gold is about 16kt +/-. The PI Pro loves small gold. :thumbup: