Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unlucky Thirteen

What type of bow you are using. I have a Damon Howatt recurve that I thoroughly enjoy. My problem has always been my short draw.... 23 1/2 inches. I have to get arrows custom made for me .

I tried a compound but still find that the recurve is better for me.

Fair winds

Mikie

anticipation of the hunt reminds me of my early years of duck hunting. Same thing. I could not sleep the night before. The days spent finding the perfect place for the blind and building it. Heck that was as much a part of the hunt as the getting of game. I built more blinds than shot birds some years.

I miss those years

...I woulda quit a long time ago because it doesn't happen that often.

It's kinda like detecting also, it's not so much in what you FIND but who you meet along the way. The gold, silver and diamonds are just icing on the cake.

aj

Do you really think that you bumped the turkey three hundred yards? I am enjoying this story, looking forward to the next part. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

because of your draw length. Geesh! I've never met anyone with that short of a draw length! You are SPECIAL. :biggrin:

I shoot a machine...so my primitive bowhunting friends say. I shoot a mathews LX, 28" @ 70 pounds. Tom and I went down and bought a pair of Mathews about four years ago and I'm still on my first string.

I have to admit that I have been thinking of going back to a recurve or a longbow some day. When my "primitive" frinds razz me about my "machine," I just tell them that I submit to Native American beliefs...I shoot the best thing I can get my hands on. They ALWAYS shot the best technology available. :lol: I say it with a straight face and dare them to argue.

Y'all have a good day.

aj

Once they are on the roost, they are THERE for the night unless they are spooked. I just figured that he heard me setting up and I didn't hear him as he took flight away from me.

Two birds? Read "Unlucky Thirteen -- Finale" (below)

aj