Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Unlucky Thirteen -- Finale

Thanks for taking us along on that trip.

fair winds

Mikie

so good of you to take the time to give us such a treat.
Yes your Dad would be proud!
Wayne

number fifty as special as number one. God how I miss him! ILY, Linda

PS About time you joined us on the forum again. People here miss you and the stories you tell so wonderfully. I did notice however, there are not many fishing stories from you and Lil Brother! What? Am I still ahead of the both of you? :poke:

I may get to that story sometime this week.

Also, when my fish are mediocre, I don't say much. Maybe you should try it? :lol:

Johnboy

...somehow, I just wanted it to sink in. I wanted to take my time with it and bring it up to where it truly reflected my heart of hearts.

There are hunts...and then there are those SPECIAL hunts. Unlucky Thirteen is the best that it gets without Papa.

Thanks for the kind words, coming from a true dyed-in-the-wool sportsman! Blessings,

aj

I'm glad I woke up in time to take care of business. I need to work on breakin' myself of that habit. But the older I get the less I care.

Combined with the warmth of the morning sun and the fleece blanket, I didn't have a chance at stayin' awake! :lol:

aj

Man, I enjoy bein in the blind with ya! You tell a good story for sure!
Your daddy taught ya well!

Dave

this was, as we have become to expect from you, a well written and interesting story. We have a lot of turkey around here but I have never hunted them. You make me want to.

Thanks for taking us along with you John.

Lemme seen now, Hummm? Google- Double Bull Blind- :D Ought to be good for photography too :thumbup:

a bunch of different styles. Which one do you use?

The difference between the T5 and the T5 ProStaff is that the ProStaff is black-backed on the inside. It is the darkest blind they make and I like to be hidden while inside the 5'X5'X5'6" cube.

It is just wonderful for photography! But it does weigh 20 pounds. I have been considering buying a T2--its the one that is pointed on top. It will STILL seat two people but is made more for one. Instead of have a series of eight shooting windows around the 360 perimeter, it has (I think) six of the shooting windows, spaced around three sides and the front is solid half way up, but is entirely shoot-through netting from the middle on up to the top. With the T2 one must wear black clothing from the waist up in order not to be detected by approaching game--especially turkeys.

If you want the clearest photos, the T5 is better. The non-removable netting of the T2 makes for a 'soft' photograph if you have to snap a photo through the front. The only reason I am considering "downsizing" is the weight factor. The T2 is about 5 pounds lighter.

aj

Getting your turkey so early in the morning is almost like it was meant to be...It is almost like someone was watching over you. I really enjoyed this story, thank you! Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

...something that you are passionate about. If I didn't like turkey hunting, I'd have a bunch of money and a lot more time to goof off. :lol:

Glad you enjoyed my story.

aj

There are 'game' ranches all around San Antone that have hundreds of birds. You should look into having someone set up a blind for you sometime and just sit there until one comes along. I'm sure you know some ranchers with a bunch of acreage that would be happy to accomodate you.

If I lived in your area, the first thing I'd do, after I explore that treasure cave you wrote about (the one you suspect is full of rattlesnakes) would be to get me a good free-ranging turkey hunt or deer hunt lined up.

Thanks for the post-back and kind words. By the way, how are your horses doing these days?

aj