Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

underwater detector that does as good as the MXT on land?

Serendipity

Ok I have done my research for quite some time now, and want to order me a detector. I was going to order the MXT, but living less than a mile from the Gulf of Mexico, I started wondering...Is there an underwater detector out there that will do just as good on dry land as the MXT does? Or am I just gonna have to save and buy 2 separate detectors, one for dry land and one for underwater exploring? Any help will be grateful. Thanks.:help:

I have the BHID that I bought in the early spring . It doesn't have the newer bigger coil.. I've used it on land detecting soccer fields and found many items with it.
Found lots of clad my best find was a mans gold wedding ring..Its a different machine to pinpoint with. No pinpoint button.
You X the target find the target that way .Depth is also a guessing thing. You can tell eventually by the sound approximately how deep it'll be.
As the DFX it's a dual freq ency detector..I've seen good reports with the bigger coil otherwise the controls are the same for the newer and previous BHID
This is just my opinion....

:whites::detecting:

The new BHID with the 12" coil wouldn't be very good in trashy urban settings like sports fields, schools, parks etc. Rob

Unfortunately I don't have the MXT to use for comparison..I presently use the XLT and am very happy with it.
Easy to use and well balanced..:whites:
The PI-PRO and BHID I use for water hunting. I wanted to use the BHID to see how it did on land and to practice pinpointing..I was happy with the results..

Joel, I see you are happy with your XLT, and the BHID on land but how does the BHID compare to the XLT on land?? Would you only have one? Or is having two a necessity.

The point is the MXT, my main detector, the DFX, or the XLT wouldn't do very well in many situations with a 12" coil attached to them. They use interchangeable coils, big and small, DD and concentric. They can match the coil to the many land hunting situations. A detector like the BHID with it's hard wired coil would probably only work well in cleaner more open hunting situations. The 12" works great at a beach because all the area covered is much the same. Most land hunters have several coils and need them. Rob

I know of a few people who use the XLT and the DFX who hunt up to knee deep in water and find their share of good targets.
Only problem don't drop it in the water or get drown by waves or the machine is toast.
I looked at it as getting 2 detector for both uses as it would be cheaper than loosing the land machine in the water.
The BHID could be a back up machine for the XLT if it was in for repair.The xlt would be the detector I would use most of the time if not all of the time on land..
When it comes to the water I'd rather spend the extra money and get a water machine not worrying about it not being waterproof in case of a accidental drop in the water.
That all depends if you want to put out the money to have two detector for both occasions.
I invested in a PI machine as another water machine PI_PRO because I did not have a Pulse Induction water machine. Good to cover all bases if you can afford it..
From what I know of the EXT its a good land detector and probably would hold its own to the LT.
I'm not sure If I answered your question as this is the way I look at it.
Just my opinion.:whites:

Joel

Rob you answered my question, thanks! I hadn't done a ton of research on the underwater ones, and I wasn't aware that the 12 inch coil was hardwired, definitely not good choice for land use in the parks and such. So I guess I will get the MXT, and then save up and get a good underwater one too. Thanks for all the replies. :clapping:

n/t

R-n-R Magnolia Springs said:

R-n-R has given a good pointer on how to supercharge the BHID courtesy of (Gobble Gobble)
Am looking forward to implementing it..