Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

UNBELIEVABLE, NEVER SAY NEVER

DBG

First off I'd like to say GREAT WEBSITE.
Forty Five years ago(almost to the day), myself and Five close friends decided to go swimming at Cedar Lake (about a mile from my house) to escape the summer heat for a little while. I changed into my swimming trunks on the top of a wooded hill about 100 yrds. above the place we were to go swimming. I pulled off my 8th Grade class ring and lay it on the top of my clothes in a small depression by an Oak tree. Needless to say that when I changed back into my clothes I completely forgot about the ring. It has been lost ever since and that was 1966.

I purchased a Garrett Ace 350 from KellyCo last week and after playing with it some in my front yard for a couple mornings, I got to thinking about that ring I lost 45 yrs ago. So I decided this morning to go give it a try before the temperature got up to the forecast ed 100+ degrees.
After about an hour of searching and almost ready to give up because of the fact I couldn't see for all the sweat falling on my glasses and in my eyes, I got a signal! It read as a high end pulltab (I had already dug five or six), but that's also the reading for RINGS on my machine.
Well to make a long story a little shorter There it was after 45 yrs.
The monetary value of this find isn't much to most people, BUT TO ME IT IS PRICELESS.

Great story Ricky, and with a happy ending. 45 years is a long,long time, but it turned out great for you. HH Wayne

to Vaughn (sp) Garrett at Garrett's Metal Detectors. It could win you a Garrett Pinpointer. Glad you found your ring. HH John

It would have to be a contender

Thanx peeps, It was truly a Dream come true for me.

oldranger said:
WTG Rick... good for you and glad
you got back your ring!!!!!!
HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

Hey oldranger,
I'm an Old Grunt myself. 24yrs. INF.
I got ya over watched.LOL