Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

U. S. CW Patrol Route Located in April - Relics and Coins, Too!!

Dman

VOL1266-X and I went relic hunting in mid April this year. We intended to hunt a ridge used by Union Soldiers for picket posts and patrols not far from a large US Camp. I had found a nice pinfire cartridge with the bullet still intact there last year. We had also both found several bullets and relics on that ridge in the past. We felt the site deserved another look.
To avoid a long walk, we parked on an adjacent farm where we had permission to relic hunt. That farm had yielded relics in the past few years. When we pulled into the field to park the truck, VOL1266-X got all excited. He said, "They have bush hogged these two fields and there should be relics Right Here!" By the size of the trees that were left in the once clear fields, the site had not been cut off in 20+ years. A small stream fed by a spring was flowing below the gentle slope.
We had not been in the field for 5 minutes when I found a dropped .54 cal. 3 ringer. The first pic is of my finds and VOL1266-X recovered the relics in the second pic. We both found a nice carved bullet. These are located in the last pic. Other best finds were a Hotchkiss Fuse Plug, Shield Eagle button, and a Burnside Cartridge. Obviously, this was a rest stop for Union Soldiers on patrols and not a small camp since we found no campfire lead. The grass was already real high when we located the site and we plan to return in the fall.
I found a 1937 Dime and VOL1266-X found a 1937 Buffalo Nickel. He was disappointed it was not the 1937D with only 3 legs on the Buffalo.
Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting from Dman and Vol1266-X.

hi dman, it's good to see your usual great group of relics! nice variety there, and i really like the fuse. wtg, dman! hh,