Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two rings, $7.10 in change and One million mosquitos

Mike2

Early morning trip to a new beach today, turned on the detector and had my first ring in less than 30 seconds, then found the next ring about 30 minutes later. The first ring has some type of Japanese marking on the face, but is very low quality and would not be worth much, the second ring is sterling silver with a row of 12 fake diamonds ( or at lest I think their fake) all the coins were found at about 6 inches deep.

The location was heavily infested with mosquitos and I will be scratching for the next month, I am sure. One lesson learnt was when ground balancing the X70 the batteries just died, they went from an indication of fully charged to dead in seconds, is was lucky I had a spear set in the car.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/Owiee1/Detecting007.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o99/Owiee1/Detecting009.jpg

Thanks
Mike2

[attachment 47291 Detecting004.JPG]

Great finds, but I would pay for mosquitos It is about 8 degrees out side.Im a warm weather person.
crowduck

Hi m8 nice finds....Im sure your batteries didnt go dead because of the ground balance problems you were having. I still have the same batteries since the purchase of my X-terra 70 and have done quite a bit of detecting not to mention all the testing I have done ect ect. Stick to a good brand of battery and you cant go wrong, It still amazes me how power efficent the X-terra 70 really is. My explorer II sucked when it came to power consumption and when comparing it against the X-terra 70 Im as happy as a pig in mud.
Cheers!

20 below zero! I would have to say the mosquitos are a better deal, I am heading back to the same location Sunday, I will take some bug spray with me and that should do the trick.

Oiwee:ausflag: