Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two Outings...Two Treasures...Beep! Beep! Ding! Ding!

MONKOO8

Hey Everyone,
This last week was one of my best. Two seperate ventures unearthed two fantastic pieces.

The first outing I again met Dad after work and we were to detect a promising yard where he had gotten permission a few days prior. We knocked on the door only to be told that we no longer had pemission. This was a serious bummer. The lesson here is that if you happen to get an OK from a stranger to detect then you better be ready right then and there...no coming back later.

Hearing this dad had a wild card up his sleeve. Told me don't worry we can detect on this now unused baseball field on one of his friend's property. Honestly, I wasn't too excited knowing the field was only twenty five to thirty years old which meant most likely no old coins.
Then I made the mental adjustment and thought jewelry...hrmm...lets see...hope the field itself doesn't have too many pulltabs (yah right) and start diggin' tabs.
A little more than fifteen minutes past, four or five beaver tails and a toy car that was way too deep in my pouch just behind shortstop I get a ever so slightly softer but solid beep beep that sized B and notched at six consistantly on my gti 2500. As I start to dig maybe three inches there is a dullish yellow that I take to be another of those beer can beaver tails. Then I see that its a little thicker, and then I see a loop, 'hey that kinda looks like', and then I know...GOLD. Pow! Awesome!!
Show Dad (he's 76) he gets super excited and in spite of his limited ability/mobility he starts diggin pulltabs like he was 10 years younger. So for the next hour and a half we dig and dig and dig pulltabs.
Dad ended with a few coins and a pile of tabs. Getting out with him again was just too cool.
Ten or fourteen K to date this is my best gold find with the piece weighing in at 10.5 grams. More than a third of an ounce!...and a little stone to boot...woo hoo!
[attachment 258847 003.JPG] [attachment 258848 008.JPG]

OK...So a few days pass and something inside me is calling...OH no...I got the fever...
Sunday the weather is beautiful and I couldn't resist getting out.
Head over to an area that is in a transition. A bunch of lots have been demoed and cleared...(tons of trash). In the next so many years the last of the properties will sell too and the whole area neighborhood will be redeveloped.
I find a corner lot that has been grated and where a sidewalk is being put in. There's a building kind of on the side with "stay out" and other deterrent messages and I think it's the contractor's office.
I finish kitting up and see a lady on the porch looking at me. Tell her "hi" and ask if she minded if I looked for coins around the building (her house) and she didn't. Cool. This is a roughish hood and she was just making sure I wasn't some punk.
I dig a couple coins thinking there should be more and then a wheat...good sign...might be something still here. Dig another penny or dime something and then get a shallow better cleaner "don't know how else to describe it" ding ding that sizes C (maybe notched dime) so I'm not really thinking too much of it. Dig...It's kind of big, scratch it a little and it looks like a dull aluminum capish thing...Get it out of the hole and see that it kind of looks like a make-up compact...Never seen that before...Nice design on the top and open it and see some rust and the broken pieces of mirror fall out...Wow the inside is kind of shiny in spite of the rust...cool...toss it in my pouch and move on...Find a couple more wheats and really start to think there's gotta be a silver coin here somewhere...Spend a couple more hours looking for that elusive silver dime only to wear out and call it a day...Pull the compact outta my junk pouch and think that it kind of looked like that silver earring that i found a few weeks back...hrmm...and then open it again and man that really looks like silver...hrmm...So I take it home and run some water over it and Whoa! Thats gotta be and then finally it registers...Oh Oh Oh. Was looking two hours for little dime when I had a large piece of designer jewelry in the junk pouch the whole time...Oh man am I goof! Clean this thing up and get very excited. The company name on it is "Argenta" and it's marked ster...Am soooo happy it was face down that I didn't mess up the design. It's really cool. Then I wonder...maybe a half ounce or something...weigh it and then get blown away...This thing weighs two and a half ounces!! WHOA! again...
[attachment 258849 007.JPG] [attachment 258850 020.JPG] [attachment 258851 028.JPG]

If you stuck it out thanks for reading.
If you couldn't tell am super psyched.
Enjoy the pics and HH:detecting:

Enjoyed the story and your pics. My Dad always felt I was wasting my time-UNTIL I found a prized pocket knife he lost in his garden. He still was mumblin' something about it being OK, he guessed. LOL>

Great write up and pictures! Oh, Hey, those are some awesome finds as well! Thats some big GOLD and SILVER! Thanks!
Mud

WTG !!!!!!!!!!:thumbup:

Now i REALLY need to find a place to :detecting:

the ground here is still pretty hard but i GOTTA
get outsoon!!!

HH

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way:usaflag::usaa: