Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two newbie questions about sound and records keeping:confused:

Mex Corsario

It works fine, but my 2500 has a low continuous sound all the time. After a while I get tired, I would prefer a quieter hunt.
Another point is: Do you record all your finds with things like: where, when, what, etc.
Any help will be appreciated.

There is a setting called Threshold that you can adjust down and it will disappear. Turn on the detector, press menu three times, adjust it down with the down arrow, press operate.

Chris

Keeping records of your finds can come in very handy. Start early and it will become a regular routine every time you come home from a hunt. I record every hunt I go on, the date, location, what I found and if it will be worth hitting that site again.

I keep an Excel spread sheet of date, place, # of coins, $ amount and a note area for special finds. If you have Excel, PM me your email address and I would be glad to send it to you.

All the experts say keep a record of everything. I guess I an not an expert. I write down nothing. I go out and plunder what I can, anywhere I can. If it is good I go back and do it again. I have old maps and study the area for places to MD. I belong to no club (there aren't any around here) and I am glad none of you pirates live near me. I go MD'ing when I can and hunt as long as I can. I hunt alone and don't want to be distracted by a bunch of talk. More talk = less treasure and having to put up with people having to eat and go to the bathroom is a waste of time. I don't mean to sound unfriendly. I just need to get away and I like the time to be by myself. I get totally absorb in what I am doing.

If I get to MD a civil war encampment, I will use a GPS and log everything I find for historical record.

My advice is to leave the threshold at a minimum volume. It will help you hear faint "whisper" signals of small coin sized deep finds, as well as letting you know your detector is operating properly.

I leave mine at a faint whisper just to let me know the detector is operating. Turning the threshold down to silent will not reduce the signal on a deep target as the GTI has faint target audio boost. THreshold on modern detectors serves to establish audio for pinpoint and all metal only. With the threshold at silent the detector will still sound off normally.

Bill