Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two MXT :twodetecting: together. Distance apart before interference with each other?

kiwigirl

Does anyone know when there are two MXT's working together, whats the distance you have to be from one-another so you don't get interference from the other?

Regards

I have all kinds of problems when I get close to my friend who has a DFX. The explanation from Todd at Whites was the the crystals used must be the same frequency and wanted me to ship my MXT back to the factory for a chip change. I was so successful with my MXT hunting nuggets that I wanted no change in frequency so I did not ship my MXT back for a crystal change.

Thanks arizonaames. No, I don't want to change anything either. If my partner does trade his Garrett in for a MXT, then I suppose we are going to find out soon enough how far apart we will have to work with them. Just thought someone might have had the experience of two MXT working together as to how far you have to be away from one-another. :poke:

Thanks, regards

I've hunted with some other MXT owners and when we get about 5 to 10 feet from each other, the machines start talking. I have been closer with others also and not hardly any interference. It really depends on settings of the gain that each have also. Now when Larry had his DFX, we never had any problem with the machines talking. He's got the V-3 and we haven't had any problems either. HH, Nancy

My hunting Partner and I both have MXT's and we can't get anywhere close to each other at all. That was a big disappointment with me on the MXT. I'd say we need to stay at least 40 ft apart or we get interference and both of us pretty much run on the preset settings.

Interesting the comment the guy from Whites made... I thought they all would have the same Crystals or Frequency. In fact I thought they would be PLL (Phase Locked Loop) Can some Whites expert enlighten me?

The Panther

The MXT is a hybrid, digital, analog detector. I can see it having a Xtal instead of PPL, I don't know for sure though, but makes sense. Rob, rcasio44 and Nancy used to hunt side by side and check each others finds with no problems. It seems like 4-5 feet was about the limit though, closer than that and they heard some chatter. Nancy has hunted with other MXT'ers in our club with no problems as well. It seems to me that interference is more the exception than the rule.

I have the MXT 300 and hunted a farm field last fall with a guy older MXT we couldn't get closer than 40 feet, same issue with another guy using a DFX. Dan