Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two guys go bass fishing in open waters, return home with venison

Micheal_R

Staff member
xoB finds this, in heavily e-mail-forwarded fashion, to be "making the rounds".

[attachment 65007 deerfishing1.jpg]

[attachment 65008 deerfishing2.jpg]

Quote:
Last Saturday morning, my buddy Bo Warren and I were trolling for stripers in the Bay. We were 1 1/2 miles offshore in about 80 feet of water contemplating why the fish weren't biting. We looked back to check our gear and saw something odd in the water. Was it a seal?? Can't be, we don't have seals around here. On closer look, it turned out to be a buck deer that was WAY off course. He was desperate and barely staying afloat.

[attachment 65009 deerfishing3.jpg]

Quote:
I've seen deer swim a river or bayou before. When you see that, the first thing you notice is that they are powerful swimmers. Their head and shoulders are out of the water and they make surprisingly good headway. This critter was just keeping his nose up and looked like he'd been swimming all night long. In fact, he was so worn out that he swam toward the boat probably thinking it looked enough like land to him. When he got closer though, he wasn't sure what to make of the two dudes on board, and backed off.

So, since the fish weren't biting, we thought we'd give this buck a hand.

Turns out Bo grew up around cows and was really handy with a bowline. He lassoed the deer on the first try!

Bo grabbed his neck, I grabbed the flank, and we barreled over backwards into the boat. Before I knew it, Bo was on top of him and had him tied up just like a calf.

[attachment 65010 deerfishing4.jpg]

Quote:
We hit the throttle and shuttled him to the closest beach - Kent Point. I beached the boat and we carefully unloaded the deer onto the sand. The whole time we kept thinking he was going to kick the snot out of us. He never did though; he was totally spent. We untied him and jumped back. Too weak to stand, he just sat there quivering. We even picked him up again and put his feet underneath him, but he still couldn't walk.

[attachment 65011 deerfishing5.jpg]

D We let him go... hopefully he will be okay but for certain, we improved his chances.

out in Houghton Lake in the middle of the day. Boats were around it but I guess it made it to shore ok.

A deers hair is hollow, we used them to tie flys a long time ago so if the guy was sinking he must of been in the water a long time.

Lucky deer.

n/t

ride, not slaughter him! Poor Deer! Thanks for sharing this. Rather uplifting story about mankind and what we are capable of if the want to is there! :)