Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two bullet day!

daxdog

I went to a park near my office at lunch today. Not the best part of town. I found a quarter, a bunch of pennies, and a bullet. I went back to work.

On the way home, I stopped at a park in a nice suburb which had frustrated me the other day and provided nothing for me. I hit the tot lot first and found another bullet. I also found a kids ring, what I think is a weight to balance a car wheel, and another $.27 in clad.

I had never found a bullet before today, but I found two in two different locations.

Nice finds!!!:thumbup:

I find them pretty regularly. The live ones I toss in the trash.

Its great to be an American isnt it? This is one of the mysterious aspects of our pastime.

I rarely go out on a dirt dig without finding a bullet, cartridge casing or shotshell base. Not so much at tot lots, but yes, it happens there, too.
Once I found an entire box of .22RF's lying on a tree stump and another time a live .50 cal BMG round on the hospital grounds.
The list is long and I have found samples of either live cartridges (LIVE), casings (C) and/or bullets (B) from all of these:

5.56 NATO(.223 WIN), LIVE
30-06, LIVE
8mm Mauser (C)
7.62 x 39, (C)
7.62 x 51 NATO (.308 WIN), LIVE, (C)
.303 British (C)
.30-30 WCF, (C)
9MM, LIVE, (C), (B)
.25ACP (C)
7.62 Tokarev (C)
.32ACP (C)
.380ACP, LIVE (C)
.45ACP, (C), (B)
.38 Special LIVE, (C)
.357 Mag, (C)
.41 Mag, (C)
.44 Specialm (C)
.22RF LIVE casings and bullets by the thousands....
.22WMR (C)
.32 RF, LIVE, (C), (B)buckshot
CW Minie bullets
a gazillion shotshell bases....well you get the idea.

As you can see from the list, most of the time it is just casings and spent or dropped bullets. Even the "live" bulllets, while sounding scary, are anything but lively when buried a long time. However, dont take chances. Either trash them or put them in your curio box somewhere, safe and out of the way. I keep mine and in case you are interested, none have ever gone off of their own volition (I did shoot the .22's, though).

Im not sure from the pic, but it looks like you have a .30 cal. 150gr, and a 9MM/.380 bullet, both fired.