Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Two At A Time

stillhuntin

The excal or the PI, what should i use today, why not both at the same time, yes for the past few weeks i have been using two detectors and with great succsess, i swing the PI machine till i get a hit then have my daughter hand me the excal fired up and ready to go, i dig all signals the excal can't hear and of coarse the good ones it does hear, leave the bad ones for someone else.We have added five rings to the collection doing this. It got me to thinking, somehow i need to mount my PI on my Excal, and with the flip of a switch change between the two or why dont they invent the PI-VLF combo machine.Just a thought.In the mean time my kid i having a blast.

If she is carrying it why not use it? Could get your daughter a scoop and let her dig too ... double your chance of putting a coil over a target. :twodetecting:

Glad you two are enjoying the time!
tvr

I was thinking the same thing as tvr unless she is to young? Teach her the excal early and she will own the beach!

Steve

The combo would probably be a lot heavier. Maybe you could make a coil in the same enclosure for both PI and VLF, but you'd definetly have more electronics to do both. If the power to one was off or on standby when the other was hot you might be able to run off the same batteries, but if you had both hot at the same time, you'd have to increase you battery capacity some how. Then, think of the cost. If you had an Infinium and an Excal combination you'd have about $2500 worth of machine. I'd think that'd be a pretty small niche market. You would have a killer unit though. That's be wonderful to have both PI and VLF electronics in the same case and with a flip of a switch you could hunt PI for awhile then change to FBS and only have one machine to carry. Jim

She is young and she likes carrying the excal, i got her a pioneer to use for the dry sand but right now she likes going with me better, i give her a lot a the stuff we find, that might have something to do with it.

I hear what your saying GOM but i know alot of peolpe who have spent that for two machines already, the way electronics are going they are getting smaller every day, so mabey one day we will see a machine like that.

Sounds like a great time out with your daughter. Enjoy it! Once they start dating it all changes. :lmfao:

stillhuntin said:
The excal or the PI, what should i use today, why not both at the same time, yes for the past few weeks i have been using two detectors and with great succsess, i swing the PI machine till i get a hit then have my daughter hand me the excal fired up and ready to go, i dig all signals the excal can't hear and of coarse the good ones it does hear, leave the bad ones for someone else.We have added five rings to the collection doing this. It got me to thinking, somehow i need to mount my PI on my Excal, and with the flip of a switch change between the two or why dont they invent the PI-VLF combo machine.Just a thought.In the mean time my kid i having a blast.

If you read Clive's book on PI detectors, "Pulsepower" you would only need one detector ... the PI.
You would only dig the deep, weak signals (the Excalibur would not even hear them).
These are the older heavier objects that VLF machines can not detect and the odds that it is a gold item is very good.
Using the two detectors like you are is, IMHO, unnecessary if you have learned a few tricks with the PI.

However, getting your kid involved in what you are doing is worth the effort all by itself.
Sounds like she is having as much fun as you.

Willee