Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tune-Up Question

Randy In Kc

I haven't really used my MXT for about two years but wanted to pick it up and start again with fall and cooler temperatures. I want to send it in to Whites Service Center for a tune-up or check-up or whatever they call it. I just want it working at its peak. I bought it second hand a couple of years ago after returning from Jimmy Sierra's England Trip. I wish I had bought it before the trip as the Whites rocked over there. Nothing really wrong with it but want it working great.

What does a tune up or check up really do or accomplish?

What should it cost?

What kind or turn around should I expect?

What kinds of feedback have others had both pro and con?

Thanks, in advance.

Last month Larry (hubby) had sent his DFX in to Chicago and the total cost was $62 for a tune up. He was totally satisfied. They had it back to him within the week. Very nice personable phone replies, etc. You can take your probe off before sending it. Larry did also.

#1. There was bad ground on a IC chip, which he didn't realized and they fixed. Tightened the headphone jack. Just basically maintenance.

#2. Cost? $62 that included UPS shipping.

#3. They received it one day and two days later, it was on it's way home. FAST!

#4. Larry was very impressed with the quality of workmanship and professionalism. Larry has also told others about it on the DFX Classroom Forum and they have had the same overall experience.

Hope this helps...and happy hunting!