Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tumbler

brulon

went to harbor freight on saturday and bought a tumbler. i am amazed by two things about this process. first, how clean this gets the coins and second how dirty the slurry is. i thought i checked all my finds well at the end of each hunt, but when i was taking the tumbled coins out of the barrel, i found a 1964 silver rosie that i had missed. for my tumbling i used aquarium gravel, water and a couple drops of dish soap. does lemon juice work better than the dish soap? or are there better ingredients? i read in a very old western and eastern that ground coffee works well. but i like to drink my coffee. does he mean grounds that have been brewed. he didn't state. has anybody ever heard of this? well, thanks for reading and hh.

bill:smoke:

yeah i use water dish liquid & gravel & it gets em clean enough for me :thumbup:.
lazyaussie

Try some walnut shell peices.
Reloaders use them to clean old and dirty brass.

Regular old beach sand will also work.

Willee

I've been thinking of getting a tumbler to clean my clad coins. About how long should the coins be tumbled for them to be clean?

Radiant777

I have dual tumbler from harbor frieght got it on sale about two years ago like 24 dollars.It works really well don't put anything in to clean coins that would cause a gas build up it will push the tops off big mess if it happens.