Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuesday Goodies...

AllenOK

I got out of work in time to do a little bit of hunting before I went home today. I had spotted likely-looking site in one of the oldest neighborhoods in town earlier that morning. I was looking for a spot in an old area that had grass on it, as yesterday's foray into a scraped lot covered with sleet turned out to be a muddy quagmire.

I was really just scouting around to see if there was anything of interest, as I knew I wasn't going to get a whole lot of time in at this spot today. I was keying on deeper coin targets, hoping to score a quick Wheat or silver. I got one nice-sounding High Coin hit at an indicated 5". I cut a plug, flipped it over, and scanned the plug. Yup, there's the target. I started sifting through the dirt to recover the target. After a few seconds, I saw it laying on the plug. A nice quarter-sized metallic disc that was silver in color. I was grinning, as I thought I had recovered my first silver quarter this year. I picked it up, then noticed the hole in the center, and concentric rings around the hole. Dagnabbit! Another OK 1-mill tax token. My third in 4 weeks. At least it's evidence that this spot holds goodies.

I had to leave shortly thereafter, as my other half called and asked me to come home. I'm off the next two days, so hopefully I'll get to return.

HH from Allen in OK

That's cool Allen. At least you got out and found something old. I'll bet you are right about there being other old goodies there. Let us know what else you find.
Jim