Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tuesday evening on the Pontoon....Fog and Lightning!

Ron J

Been pretty hot and muggy along the New England Coast,but the tides are right,so after work,off in the Pontoon for an evening cruise.Tuesday all day was extremely foggy. Even at lunchtime,downtown Beverly was foggy! Drove to Dane St. Beach,couldn't see the Beach,from the parking lot! That wasn't gonna stop me from cruising the Harbor that night,no matter what. Three of my Techs came along,as we were to leave my dock at 6:00. Not there? Snooze! You Looose! Well the fog was soupy,leaving my cove. No big deal,we were just cruising,enjoying the ride.[attachment 65055 StormandtheCrew005.jpg][attachment 65056 StormandtheCrew002.jpg][attachment 65057 StormandtheCrew006.jpg] Approching the mouth of Beverly Harbor,it was real thick! [attachment 65058 StormandtheCrew008.jpg]Could barely make out the beaches,or the Yacht Clubs for markers! When i could barely see the Harbor masters blue flashing light,that was enough to make me turn around. We headed back up river,towards Danversport,where at least within 10 minutes i would hit the banking's on either side,or hopefully no boats!:D Going by the old Riverside Marina,which is almost empty,(there will be condo's built soon,with a slip for each unit)we sighted "Lightning" a 40 something ft Fountain![attachment 65059 StormandtheCrew011.jpg] Looks like its ready to fly...But its Skipper was smart,staying docked in the Fog.Better own a Gas Station to run this baby![attachment 65060 StormandtheCrew010.jpg]

I can not imagine a person having the kind of money it would take to have a toy like "Lightning" to play with!!

I lived on the west coast for a few years and the most scared I ever got was on the water in dense fog. We could not see land on any side and could hear a large ferry approaching, couldn't tell the direction or distance. It passed by without problem but still I couldn't tell you from where it came or went.
We travelled in what we thought was a straight line by watching our wake but ended up actually making a large circle that took us into US waters and no where we thought we were heading.