Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TTF Works! Thanks goes4ever!!

grassguy

---FOR ANYONE TRYING TO UNDERSTAND TTF---

I have experimented with TTF over the past couple of months with very little success, until I ran across goes4ever's website and tried his TTF setup goes4ever's TTF. This setup was very easy to understand and yielded exceptional results at a couple of iron infested sites i have been working over the past year.

Thanks to goes4ever for sharing this info and helping me understand the benefits of TTF!!! :minelab:

Ken in NC

Forgot to mention that the only setting I changed was the Audio Response, from Smooth to Normal. I'm not really sure what the advantage is on Smooth. It just didn't sound right to me.

grassguy said:
Forgot to mention that the only setting I changed was the Audio Response, from Smooth to Normal. I'm not really sure what the advantage is on Smooth. It just didn't sound right to me.

I did that too, I think Terry reccomends that as well. Yes TTF was taught to me by Terry and it has resulted in some amazing finds for me, at first I did not use it much because I was just learning my machine, but once I started using it and SLOWING a bit more I gained confidence and consider it a very valuable tool. It opens up spots that are virtually unhuntable with the standard conductive modes. Here is one of my better finds, it was down about 5" on edge next to a piece of trash.

Terry mentions that these sites don't typically have many pull tabs or alluminum slaw; but I have been digging quite a bit of both. Any recommendations on how to stop digging so much??

I'm still fairly new with the Etrac, so do you recommend blacking out the gold ring part of the screen or just ignore the high tones for gold rings/alluminum? FYI- I found 2 gold rings at this site with my Garrett GTP550.

Bell-Two said:
grassguy said:

I did that too, I think Terry reccomends that as well. Yes TTF was taught to me by Terry and it has resulted in some amazing finds for me, at first I did not use it much because I was just learning my machine, but once I started using it and SLOWING a bit more I gained confidence and consider it a very valuable tool. It opens up spots that are virtually unhuntable with the standard conductive modes. Here is one of my better finds, it was down about 5" on edge next to a piece of trash.

What is your coin?

I too was taught the ways of TTF by watching his videos. I use it 90% of the time.
Lots less iron falsing, even with light discrimination. It is great on old homesteads,
schools, and churches. Not so much for city parks or city dwellings.

banditicey said:
Bell-Two said:
grassguy said:

What is your coin?

It is a 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent, Sheldon 110 or Sheldon 112 variety, that difference is determined by the Reverse which is almost slick so can't be positively identified. S-110 is R-3 and the S-112 is R4+ rarity. In the rarity scale R-3 signifies between 201-500 known examples, the R4+ between 76-115 known examples. This is from Robinson's Copper Quotes.

Goes4ever describes it well. Nice write up. I have to remember to go slow!

I have been checking some targets in TTF. I feel comfortable with it but so far I haven't found targets in TTF that also didn't hit in Discriminate. Have any of you actually found targets that only hit in TTF? I don't mean going through a site that you already hit in Discriminate, but really switching from TTF to Discriminate on a target.

I do plan on playing with it more and when checking targets with it I an see how sometimes there is an advantage.

EMS

earthmansurfer said:

I have been checking some targets in TTF. I feel comfortable with it but so far I haven't found targets in TTF that also didn't hit in Discriminate. Have any of you actually found targets that only hit in TTF? I don't mean going through a site that you already hit in Discriminate, but really switching from TTF to Discriminate on a target.

I do plan on playing with it more and when checking targets with it I an see how sometimes there is an advantage.

EMS

Here are some of my better finds over the past 2 days, while experimenting with TTF. I know for certain that the 189? V and the 1892 Indian didn't show up in my standard discrimination mode because I switched it over once it sounded loud and clear in TTF. Both were about 3 1/2" deep and were on a section I MD'd 10+ times without TTF. It has always just nulled out before TTF.

Wow, thank you so much for this post! Makes all the hours I spent on my website all worth it! I absolutely love to hear when someone has sucess from what I have posted on my site, I am just thrilled that it is working for you!

Earthman, to answer your question....yes I have had targets that absolutely will NOT show up on conductive because the iron is that heavy, and it TTF they absolutely sang out! I have a field site that would not give up a single thing, this was literally the worse iron infested site I have ever experienced in my life. I would say there was 12 or more iron hits per swing, absolutely mind boggling. I could not even use the relic screen with TTF, even it caused nulling. I actually had to use a 100% open screen and swing approx. 6 seconds per swing, it took me forever to get down each row in this corn field. When I heard a peep of of high tone, I had to walk all around it and only move the coil back and forth maybe an inch to isolate the signal. But so far in 4 trips that site has gave up 1861 and 1865 indians, 1848, 1851, and 1852 large cents, several flat buttons, nice civil war eagle button, buckles, and other misc relics. When I located a target in TTF I flipped into conductive and nothing but complete null.

And this was even using a 6x8 coil. With the procoil this site was basically un huntable in any mode

earthmansurfer said:

EMS

Yes the Draped Bust and a 1920 Buffalo nickel came from exactly that kind of site, complete and total nulling in conductive but in TTF I had the high tone we all love to hear!

Thanks guys for answering my question about some targets hitting in TTF but not discriminate (by switching over). I have to play more with it. I have some larger iron in the ground and maybe that is why it hasn't YET made a difference. I have small iron in the form of nails and such as well, so I have to consider this. Your responses DEFINITELY mean I will be trying it more!

Nice thread.

Thanks again,
EMS