Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Truth or ????

Dutch Henry

I have been visiting some other forums. Mainly Whites, since I also have a Whites. One of two things is happening: either Whites machines are so much better than any other machine or the Tesoro users are so much more honest. These guys are claiming that in 2 1/2 hours to one short afternoon they are consistently digging 49, 85 and over 100 coins. I tend to believe the latter. I guess maybe I am hunting in the wrong places or I don't know how to operate my machines. 100 coins in one afternoon??????

I've had 3 Whites detectors.
At the present time I own the IDX and the Tesoro Vaquero.
The Vaquero is only 2.2 pounds and you can swing it all day.
With that being said, and weight being the factor both hunt good.
During the summer when activity being high I find alot,but when activity is low due to the time of year I find less.
If you find out where they go and aways find high coin volume please let me know

Thanks

Hey DH, I found a small park near me that evidently has never been hunted. I went saturday AM for 1.5 hrs and found 47 coins. So far in 3 trips I've found almost 200 coins in roughly 6hrs. I guess it depends where your at. I plan on doing it again soon when I can spend more time. My Cibola is very easy to swing!!!!!
Greg

I think most everyone tells the truth. The areas I hunt are pretty trashy and my numbers are not that high. But what makes me sick is looking at the Beach forum. Several of those hunters go every day and have the loot to proove it. Some find more jewelry in one week than I have in 22 years! Location, location, location.

you wont find 'em..its not your detector that isn't performing its your location that aren't producing.But I bet ya most of their coins are pennies.Hit a school yard and you will dig your hundred coins in an afternoon HH

and I would like to add my own little twist. I dont ususally have the time to dig a hundred coins. A lot of people who do this are more time and money invested than myself. I have other things to do in my life, and I cant be out from dawn to dusk, hitting every playground in the city to get their 100+ coins. I remember one guy from the BHer forum that would get hundreds of dollars in coins(+300)every year. He would hit mostly apt. complexes. I dont want the hassle of all the kids and people asking you what you are doing. So, I ususally go to large sprawling complexes. I can stay away from most of the people, hunt for a couple of hours, have a nice time, then go home satisfied. Finding 40-50 coins can be satisfying to me too.

J.

Dutch, to be honest with you, I don't hunt newer spots where the boat loads of clad are found. I am not knocking clad hunters, but one old coin means more to me than 10 pennies. Most of these people hunt for battery money and try to find enough to buy an afermarket accessory for their detector. I know people who dig every signal and they are the ones who find the gold jewelery, I am just too old and too lame to do that much bending. If you want to find loads of coins go to new schools and dig anything that shows a coin. I would bet you too will find coins like the others. There are many types of coin hunters and however one choses to hunt, is what makes their day. R.L.

I know when I'm clad hunting, I'll put the CleanSweep coil on my Golden and hit some busy parks or several schools and can come away with 10 bucks in clad pretty regular in a 4 hour period. Presently learning how to do the same thing with the DFX and a Bigfoot coil but not quite as good with it as with the Golden.

I imagine it can be hard to do in an area with a lot of hunting pressure.

Coin count doesn't mean much if many of them are stinking zinc lincolns that aren't spendable, though.

HH

I felt the same as you do about people finding 100+ coins in an afternoon until I ran into my new hunting buddy. Becuase of my job schedule and being new to the area, I just hunted the schools behind me. Apaearently about everyone else around here did too. I struggled to could get over 40-50 coins in an afternoon.

Then Steve started taking me to schools in the area that he hunted for 20 years. He know which ones usually held good coins and jewlery. Our first afternoon out for a 3 hour hunt I got over 60 coins. Next time we went on another 3 hours hunt and I got 80 coins. Then finally had a 100+ coin hunt in a 5 hour hunt. Ofcourse we also dig all those PT targets also and have had a few 4-5 rings days.

Like Khouse and the others said, its location and getting your machine into the good places. One thing I might suggest is hitting areas that others pass. I quit hunting the dark dust, dugouts and maintsream areas. We started hunting 5' off the paths, play ground borders, further out from the concession stands and long the fences.

Many of the places we go to seem to be hit by alot of cherry pickers. I've seen and talked to a few that just pick up dimes, quarters and the high tone jewlery. They sweep threw areas like a tornado and pretty well pick out the higher demonination coins. They don't get it all but they get enough that its just not worth it for me to follow them around on the same path. So I hit the areas just off the target sites and do pretty good in an afternoon.