Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Truth or Consequences: An Editorial

Arkie John

I write this piece because I care about each of you. Perhaps it should go on the Views forum. But I don't 'do' the Views forum. I am not into mindless, pointless, argumentative conjecture. I'm gettin' old and I have MUCH better things to do with the remaining time God might see fit to give me....like, give my heart of hearts to my friends ... just once in a while.

If I told you, as I stood on the ledge on the very top of a 20-story building, that (screamin' as loudly as I could) "I don't believe in friggin' gravity," and said it until I turned blue, what would happen if, at that point I allowed my body weight to shift over the edge and stepped off into thin air? What would happen?

Would my sincere non-belief in law of gravity make me any less subject to it? No it wouldn't. I would fall like a 220 pound rock and make a heck of a splat on the sidewalk below--in SPITE of my personal beliefs.

If I was very sick and needed a strong antibiotic and took medication that had been prescribed to me by mistake which was NOT an antibiotic, what do you suppose would happen? I would likely get sicker perhaps to death--even though I sincerely THOUGHT I was taking the correct medication.

Christmas is about Truth. When Jesus got older, He stated that "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the father but by me." Jesus Christ loved us so much to become a part of His creating, wrapping himself in stinking flesh, and allowed himself to be born in a filthy manger so that He could be brought up to become the sinless sacrifice for each and every human being on earth that would truly believe in Him in a life-changing way. What a gift.

For a change, I'd like to address the attitude rather than Christ's supreme gift of love that he offers one and all.

Sadly today, America is no longer a godly nation. We kicked God, the Bible and prayer out of our schools a long time ago and it shows. We spew when someone wants recall our God-given history and how this country was founded or when someone wants to place a nativity scene on the public square, and it shows. Many become indignant when the name JESUS is mentioned ANYTIME, and it shows. We take the slaughter of 4,000 plus babies (daily in the US) in stride with self-centered pundents stating it is a woman's right to kill if she wishes...and it shows. Homosexuality is embraced as an 'alternate lifestyle' these days and you are a hate monger if you stand up for what the Bible teaches...and it shows.

People tell me personally--all the time--they "don't believe" in a god or Jesus or the God of the Bible...that they have their own personal beliefs. Americans think that if they lean into my personal space and park their noses within an inch of mine, and glare saying " I don't believe..." this or that, that they will not be subject to absolute truth.

I hate to tell you, but, "it 'don't' matter what you believe or don't believe, if it isn't based on the absolute Truth then it is
f o l l y. One day there will be no more days. You will die and at very instant, you will give an account of what Jesus Christ meant to you here on this earth, whether you believe it or not, now, you will be subject to the Law, the Ten Commandments.

So talk to me all about being a good person, but remember there are two scales of "good." There is the world's view of "good," and God's view, which is the Ten Commandments. NONE of us can stand up to THAT standard. We each have broken the Law hundreds of thousands of times and we cannot help ourselves AND THAT'S PRECISELY WHY CHRISTMAS CAME ABOUT! Breaking of God's law makes us law-breakers. When we break the Law it is called sin. Natural man LOVES to break God's law as much as a pig loves the mud--his natural environment. We can compare ourselves to Asama Bin Laden or Hitler, or James Jones, or David Koresh or or the KKK and say "I'm a LOT better that THOSE people ever were." But God doesn't grade on a curve. The Law leaves us all guilty before God. That's its job.

"I am the Way the Truth and the Life. No man comes to the Father but by me." Jesus --- He was a narrow minded and radical God-man, but remember: He cannot lie, and He gave the supreme sacrifice so that we might live. The gift is there, but it must be R E C E I V E D sincerely from the heart.

"To them that received Him, to THEM gave he power to become the sons of God, even them that believe upon His name." John 1:12

So, no matter how convoluted our ideas may be about God, there comes a time when the most natural, the most sinful of men can be transformed completely. That time is when the Holy Spirit speaks to their heart and conscience and draws you near.

That could happen THIS CHRISTMAS. Believe it or Not.

If you are inquisitive, let me know by pm or by emailing me at johnal1913@aol.com (I think it works now). If you want to argue, please go to the views forum. They will like you there.

If you want to delete it talk to Royal and have it deleted. It won't hurt my feelings. I have a repost coming down the pike for you newbies that will be more palatable anyways. Either way, I have done my job.

Just remember; there are always earthly and eternal consequences for not embracing the Truth. That is a promise from the living God of Creation and Christmas. <><

aj

n/t

n/t

standards of a good man in the world's and God's view inclusive. Of that, I have no doubt. His grace isn't cheap but it's free.:)

You are a good man, and Lord knows, there cannot be enough of those.

Fair winds, sunny skies

M

yes i said "hear"....because i could hear you!
Thank you and i would sure enjoy a chance to meet you some day.
Wayne

I'd prefer it to by somewhere in the backwoods doin' a little huntin before we both get too old.

One can never tell. Thanks so much for your post, Wayne.

aj

but "there is none good...no, not one." That's why we all need Jesus and his Lordship in our lives.

How's Alice progressing? I pray for your continued healing daily.

aj

freely given to all who will submit to His lordship of their lives.

Here's hoping you and yours a wonderful Christmas season! <><

aj

(Luke 2:1-20)

...I have established a bit of credibility here. I know that such a message rubs some the wrong way and that's why I try to keep from getting on soap box too often. IF you get too much flack just delete it-no problem here. I'll post again in due season. :bouncy:

I expect to come up with a sho-nuff story pretty soon. :lol:

Merry Christmas-stay warm.

aj

n/t

and informative, thanks for posting it. Please have a great day! Kelley (Texas) :)

PS: Now that I know that you must have made a visit to the View's Forum, I will try to be less combative over there. :rofl:

...and I can remember some familiar addys postings, but for the life of me I can't remember a single subject line.

And for that...I consider my little ole' self quite blessed. :)

Yup, it is interesting, but is acutely important, as well. Hell itself is half full of 'good' people. Try Matt 7:21 (I think). It begins, "Not everyone that says unto me..."

Have a Merry Christmas, Fred, Debbie, kids and grandkids down there in south Texas.

aj

I couldnt have said it any better myself. If I tried, it would have gotten deleted anyway.

ROCK ON brother!!

Lil Brother:super:

of my favorite "Christmas" brooches is one that reads "Jesus is the reason for the season"! ILY, :)

...is the most important one to mankind. No, not MY story, THE story.

What better place to put it than on a genuine, 24-karat, first class, STORY FORUM?????????

I just wish people would take it to heart. There is no other way and no other name of consequence.

Johnboy