Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

True Story

Greg (E.Tn)

I had dinner with a buddy of mine and his wife, and his wife related this story, heard from a co-worker:

The co-worker and her husband took their 5-year old to the Chattanooga Aquarium awhile back, and while standing at one of the exhibits, they looked down and around them to find that their child had disappeared.

Immediately going into frantic, white-hot overdrive panic, they searched spasmodically all around for him, and, coming up empty, quickly notified security.

Security eventually found the kid, standing inside the Penguin exhibit.

That's right......not AT the exhibit, IN the exhibit.

So security got the kid out, and both security and his parents asked the obvious questions: What WERE you doing in there, and HOW did you get in?

The boy said nothing.

After trying for several minutes to get an explanation out of the child, the parents profusely apologized for their kid's antics, and left the aquarium, headed back east towards Knoxville. For over 30 minutes, the child sat in the back seat, completely mute.

After several minutes of silence, the parents gently explained that they weren't mad, and they weren't going to punish him, but they needed to know HOW he got inside the exhibit, and WHY he went there.

For several more seconds, the little boy was silent, then suddenly they saw the slightest smile flit across his face, and he whispered..............

"I've got a penguin in my backpack."

And he did.

So they immediately reversed course for the Aquarium, to make more apologies and return the little penguin back to his mates.

They NEVER found out how he got in the exhibit in the first place.

Edit Reply Quote Report

n/t

I needed a good laugh. It reminded me of a story that happened to me growing up. I'll have to write it later...when I quit laughing!

aj

n/t