Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trucking along with the 1270. :detecting:

Bob Stephens

Hi Gang! Sure felt good to get out this weekend after the wet and messy one we had the previous week. I hit some local schoolyards and parks with my new 1270 which I'm putting some more training hours on. Running in a "beep and dig it all" style with the DISC at 2.5 and the SENS at 5, I dug plenty of target masking junk but also 26 nice modern day coins for a total of $3.62. My machine doesn't like modern Canadian clad at the higher DISC settings but does very well finding it at the lower gold and pulltab levels. It's a real dime finder at 2.5 DISC and I dug six of them today plus several nickels.

I dig plenty of pulltabs and aluminum foil pieces but what the heck, if I'm finding this lower conductivity junk, I won't miss a nice gold ring or charm should I happen to pass over it with the coil. All in all, an OK day. :geek:

As I become more familiar with the 1270, I'm looking forward to stretching its legs and apply what I'm learning on relic hunts around old homesteads, ploughed fields and wooded areas that contain old foundations and cellar holes. I can see where it's going to excel in this type of hunting with its choice of three hunt modes. A couple of weeks ago, I found two large Canadian King George V pennies dated 1915 and 1918 respectively with the 1270 at an old schoolhouse/community center site. It hit both coins with a nice crisp and clear "boink" that differs from the mushy sound of small junk fragments the coil passes over. The trick is to scan slowly and listen carefully to the differing target signatures the circuitry outputs. :rolleyes:

Louise and I are expanding our stable of Fisher machines and on Saturday, I picked up Louise's new Fisher 1236 complete with small coil, headphones and the works from our Dealer. I also have a second 1236 reserved and am paying for it over the winter months and will take delivery of it in the spring. These will be great stablemates to our CZ-5's, 1280's, the 1270 and CZ-20's. The variable frequency, iron DISC feature and the silencer will make them terrific for hunting in trashy iron sites. :twodetecting:

The time change really has an effect on the amount of daylight available for weekend hunting but we still try and get out on any weekend when it's not pouring rain. Louise is hoping to get back to hunting next spring and looking forward to it!

Hope everyone is taking advantage of any free time at the season's end and finding goodies wherever they are. :thumbup:

Best Regards and Happy Hunting to all.

Bob and Louise. Hamilton.

Good to see that you are enjoying the 1270 Bob, I have been following your posts about the 1270 thinking of one but opted out for the CZ3D, good or bad I don't know. Central Alberta is froze in till spring now but I may still get out for one last water hunt next week if the sun would just come out and the wind die down. The ice is starting to form on the shore around our lake here so won't be long till it's ice fishing time. H.H.:)

Hi Waterman; hope all is going well for you! You won't go far wrong with a CZ-3D machine as they're a CZ-5 on muscle building compounds. The four tone ID and the analogue meter make for a great machine especially in trashy sites where you want to "pick" out the better tones which are usually more valuable targets overall. If I ever needed to part with my much used and loved CZ-5, I'd opt for a CZ-3D knowing how well the CZ-5 performs.

I'm looking forward to using my 1270 primarily as a relic machine in trashy iron areas as it has the IRON DISC feature and a deep seeking all metal mode too. I've learned a lot over the fall training in regular parks with it as it's quite the powerful hunter and it finds things. It also goes deep on beaches and I'm looking forward to doing some late fall hunting on our local Lake Erie swimming sites. (1280 for the water and 1270 for the dry beach).

Hope you have a chance for a couple of water hunts before the lakes freeze over out west. Best of Luck and keep us posted on how you make out.

Best Regards and Happy Hunting. :detecting:

Bob and Louise. Hamilton.