Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy Shadow x5

I'm thinking of adding one more detector to my arsenal and was thinking of the Troy Shadow X5. It will take a few months to save up for it , but I'm thinking of selling my 6 string fretless bass that I don't use all that much when I gig. I was just wondering what some of you that own the Shadow X5 have to say about it. I think that it would give me a well rounded arsenal with my Garrett and my Tesoros. Thanks for your input. CoinShooter-Craig.

I have several of them light weight hot on gold, weatherproof, easy to use, one 9 volt, fast recovery can cover a lot of ground. I use mine more than the other machines I own.
Will pick gold chains off, good solid machine. Dan

a friend of mine in New Orleans prefers the X5 over all others, though he sometimes uses a Nautilus for projectile hunting. He can tell the denominations apart, and consistently finds more targets faster than everyone else in our club. He swears by the X5 as the best machine out there. I have one coming....

I think I would take the Tejon over the X5. The X5 has a more equal response conductivity wise than the Tesoro which is one plus, the others being a better build quality and being rainproof without a cover.
On the other hand I can dig coke/anthracite deeper than with an other machine which is a real pain and the discrimination is way to tight. If your after older finds there's fraction of an inch between the best depth whilst rejecting small iron and the small silver at depth not being picked up.
You also have a restricted coil choice and there could well come a time when you won't be able to get repairs.

That is the case of the man being one with his detector in other words knowing it like the back of his hand.
Very often its not the brand,, but being able to discern what the detector tells you.