Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Troy Shadow X2 Coil Question

sport.pilot

Hello Everyone,

I have a Shadow X2. I have the 7 and the 9 inch coils. Is there a Tesoro 4 inch coil that will work on the X2 as I have not been able to fine an original Shadow X2 4 inch coil. Thanks.

Darryl

Troy Shadow X2 metal detectors are compatible with any Tesoro 5-pin connector coil. You may have some ground balance issues using the 4" Tesoro coil because the Troy Shadow X2 was ground balanced with the Troy Shadow X2 7" coil at the factory. Now there is a ground balance trimpot in the Troy Shadow X2 which will allow you to reset the ground balance to any size Tesoro 5-pin coil if you know the location of the trimpot. Keep in mind that when you start swapping out different size coils it may also affect your coin check calibration but there is a internal trimpot to solve that problem also. Good luck and HH!

Randall(Tx)

I have 2 - SS

Hello,
Thanks for your posts. I was aware of the ability to recalibrate coincheck, but not the ground balance. I am not sure I will need the smaller coil, but if one comes along at a decent price, I figured I would pick it up if it would work. Very helpful replies. Happy hunting to you all.
Darryl