Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trip to N.Y.

Larry (IL)

Three days, 3 hours............2000 miles. What a trip.

We left at 3 PM on Friday and got home last night, Sunday, at 6PM right before the storm hit us. We went to Greenwich NY which is just a few miles from Vermont and passed through Saratoga Springs NY where the late Dave Z lived. He was the Moderator on the DFX forum before me and was a well liked and respected THer. I gave him a salute as we passed through his town which was near Greenwich. RIP Dave.

We did find the time Saturday night to eat at the famous Dinosaur BBQ in downtown Syracuse, NY, a famous eatery landmark. Sunday morning we drove to Greenwich and picked up our "toy hauler" and headed home, hoping to beat the snow storm. We just made it. An hour later, it started to rain, then freezing rain, then the snow. We were told the drive along I-90 was going to be boring, but we found just the opposite. Beautiful scenery and interesting things to see. Right along Interstate 80 in Chicago was a heard of 19 deer grazing within 100 yards of the highway. I should have stopped for a picture but we were on a mission. The vineyards in eastern Ohio and PA were interesting and grapevines as far as the eye could see. Upper NY was just beautiful with the snow covered ground.

We had a great time but wish we had more time to enjoy the trip. Maybe next time we can take our time to see and enjoy sights.

What in the heck is a toy hauler that was worth a trip like that??? Especially this time of year!

The worse trip I ever heard of a person taking was one my brother took 20 years ago or so, I forget exactly when it was. He headed for Florida for a trip to Key West. He was alone. He drove to Key West and it was raining. It pizzed him off so he decided to drive to San Diego California. Thought the weather would be nicer I guess.

He drove to San Diego and then drove home. 7000 miles in 10 days!:surprised: 700 miles a day!! I can not remember if he was driving his GTO or the Trans Am. I think it was the Trans Am. He said he saw a lot of country but at 700 miles a day I could have seen as much from a dang 747!

We are getting hit by a bit of snow right now but not too bad as of yet

saratoga springs,they have a nice old horse racing track that looks nice on T.V.,i'd bet they have some nice eateries there.

OMG David..............Saratoga and the surrounding area made us drool at every old house and building we went past. Many date back to the 1700's. In fact, the house of the sellers of the trailer was built in 1796. It has been updated, but he showed us one of the original walls through an access door. It was rough sawed 2X4's stacked one on top of the other. The entire area is VERY old. We drove by the race track and it is indeed very old as well. To the best of my memory, Dave Z worked at that race track, maybe on a part time basis, as a horse trainer/handler. My guess is that Dave hunted it and just about everything else in and around Saratoga. I know I would have if I lived there.

i'd bet there are probably still some unknown old homeplaces around,think jim vokes finds a couple know and then.i'd like to go to the racetrack.

This guy had EXACTLY what we wanted Royal and it was $7,000 cheaper than what we would have paid for the same thing around here. Off season is the time to buy too. We were very pleased with the purchase and we got a nice weekend get-away out of it too. Would do it again...........and again if we could.

n/t

Sorry Royal, misunderstood you. Go to Sunny's post on Feb 14th...Happy Valentines Day. I posted a picture of it. A Valentine for us. It has a garage for the bike in front and living quarters in the rest of it. Here is a couple of inside pictures.

Boy that is a nice one for sure. It is like new, used two times it is new. You will have a lot of fun with that thing if you have time to use it:thumbup:

The Lamborghini is a real one and Nancy said NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we have enough toys. It was spotted in Cleveland, OH and the plates says it all.

Nice "toy" by the way. :thumbup: