Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

tried to catch up with the fella that dropped these

eppillus06

a few of my first roman,fibula brooch too,but too rotted,will post for definition of later.great feeling to find roman,even better if it's celtic.have permission from landowner to use for reference.

Those are some beauties!

one day i'll get them cleaned,not really after roman,but they keep turning up.get's on my nerve's sometimes.have a few thousand coins from celtic to modern day now,most are boxed,awaiting a finds liasion officer to process.honesty's the best policy,open ,up front and dont hide nothing,wont have to cover any lie's later on.alway's wondered who taught who to mint coins,the chinese or the greek's,aint quite made my mind up on that one.could be some one else,but i cant see it,if the chinese were using bu {money in the shape of a key}in 200bc,then took the neck off to make the coinage in 120 bc,someone had to of taught them,so that rule's them out im afraid,that's what i think,they did use gold before in the shape of lozenge's like most country's in the far east,the greek's would of been under 800 year's rule by the roman's,so it's most probabley the roman's who taught everyone{didn't want to say that}.then it lead's to who taught them!. like another fella said on here,metal detecting/treasure hunting is 99.99 research {with a little speculation}.and everyone has their own theory's.have a gooden.

Yup, finding ancient Roman coins in the dirt would get on my nerves too, kinda like finding modern zinc pennies on the beach (!)

it's the se it loves them.never found a celtic with the se,although saying that,when i gave a box to flo a few month's back,there may have been a bronze/siver in the box.dont get my first boxe's back till mid august,so wont know till then,will process and photograph for my collection and post close after.the coin was filthy dirty and i didn't want to clean it before she saw it.my spare machine has 2 button's takes 6 batteri's,turn on and your off,and loves a celtic..will totally agree with bryce li about 6"coil on some machine's.the return you get back from a hole may just be better than some standard 10"or even14".got the 7.4 elliptical,its ok {even in trashy area's,but will not give the depth,it try's though to get that little bit extra,but you tend to have to put it in actual hole to retreive the signal,that's what ive found.the 17" somtimes mean's that your digging the 2 channel tunnel.everytime you find the target,it has a tendency to move.and your left still digging again.should invest in a probe really.lost a few signal's with the 17".even gone away and then gone back to the spot,nope nothing.it happen's.have a gooden

man, i'm very much into roman coins, but haven't found any yet, here in middle-germany there are very little roman remains, and i do not have many opportunities to travel few hundred kms to the west every time i want to detect. one man's trash is another man's treasure :smoke:

not a problem,send me an email,im allowed to take guest's on,as long as your not akin to the crap thats happening off shore and are the real mccoy.just wish i could take a couple of fella's off here to the field,let them do it there selves,and see their reaction at home time!.i didn't say i didn't like the coins,on the contuery,they was not what i was after at the time.and that's a need to know one.had to just go to the persian corner shop for some caffine intake.couple of fella's on here must think im an alcaholic.brought a bottle of champagne and a meal at frankie's and benny's when we bought the house.2 years ago.

Those are some great coins!Wish i had the prob of them turning up all the darn time!!HAHa ..If i dug one of those up id fall over..We can only dream of finds like that here in the US.Hope you find some stuff your after..Till then those will do.Take care HH