Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tried the big big field again

jabbo

Field about 50 acres belongs to the park. No one goes in that field. All summer the weeds are 3 feet tall, but they cut the weeds in the fall (maybe for the horses) so weeds are short now, like a lawn. Been there about 5 times when the weeds were tall, found only a British colonial penny. Tried it again today, got there just before the snow started to come down heavy, stayed about one hour. Seems like coins were popping up everywhere today, but I had to leave while I could still drive home. The 2 center (1864) was found yesterday across the road. Today I dug the 1904 IH, 1917 Merc and the 1810 half reale. Fifty acres is a lot of ground to cover, gotta go back and try again, hope to find more old silver. New Jersey. CoinStrike.

Dave, WOW Great finds right before the snow fall!!!!! You keep pulling sweet coins out of that area!!!

Rocco, I had to go to the Park Rangers office to get my cell phone. Brought my detector and tried the field again, glad I did. Now that the weeds are short any coins there are easier to detect. Maybe we can meet there, should be more to find.

So maybe lossing your phone was a good thing! LOL

I wonder how long till this snow melts!!!

Yep, losing my phone was a blessing, glad I had my home phone number on it, the Ranger called me at home 2 hours after I lost it. The British colonial penny tells me the place is as old as they get.

Old is good to me!!!! Is it just a big field or is there a lot of trees and what not?

Not one tree is there, easy detecting, easy digging, bring a shovel. It's next to the tiny patch of woods where I found those 1800's coins two years ago.

thats great , make shure you grid it and dont miss anything , man i would just love to have a nice spot like that .

Ken, how is it you got rain and we got snow, just not fair. Watching snow melt is no fun. Hope the beach turns into a gold mine for you and Rusty.

Kschae4 said you got a 2cent awesome! the reale is on my bucket list. Nice job

Dave, sorry the snow hit up there, but me & rustydigger are about 40 miles southeast of you heading towards the beach and the wind off the ocean helps keep the temps a tad warmer,,or just enough to allow us to hunt in low 30's temps.

Rusty, It's my second half reale in 3 weeks, dug up the other one in the woods. I like finding them, was pure luck that the coil went over them.

Yesterday me and another forum member spent 6 hours in this field and only one coin was found, a memorial penny plus 2 musket balls and an engraved solid silver spoon. Not a good day for all the time spent. I had to give it one more try and went there today. Walked past the swampy area, turned my detector on, walked only 5 feet and got a quarter/dime signal. Out pops a nice seated dime. Then dug up 2 Jefferson nickles soon after. Detected about another hour, found nothing good and called it a day. Might go back again someday, gotta be more keepers there.