Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Trial run with new F2

grfisher

My new F2 just arrived yesterday so I hit an obvious spot today to try it out - the park. There was of course a lot of trash so I quickly switched to the 4" coil. One thing I noticed while scanning was when I got a hit say dime for example, after I would turn 90 degrees I could very seldom mark an x. Wound up using pinpoint for nearly every dig. Therefore I dug a lot of trash since pinpoint doesn't discriminate. Also nearly every penny registered as a dime before digging. My first time out was today so I'm sure I'll figure it out as I go. Also I found the top of some sort of ring & posted a pic of it over in the whatzit forum.

My F5 registers copper pennies as dimes. The clad pennies (post 1982) show up as zincs on my machine... hope this helps
Enjoy the new F2!:detecting:

HH

BC

That was a nice little trial run...:clapping: Yes those older copper pennys sound exactly like a dime, the canadian ones really do! I've got the F70 and run it in Delta Pitch tones all the time, so you would think a guy could tell a penny from a dime by now right? Well, you sort of can, because of the size and crispnest of the signal but not all the time. I might start saving the copper pennys, they are worth 3 cents each scrap weight if the penny ever goes away like Canada just did. A solid and relatively shallow coin signal will give a hard beep from all directions...practice on some multidenom stacks, tight spills, and slants in your yard...drop a handfull of change in a small area and give that a sweep, get to know that signal.
Mud

Keep on truckin' with the F2! Of all the detectors, on the market today, the Fisher F2 delivers an incredible amount of information for the price point. There's a great video, on YouTube, on the F2 @ Fisher F2 Introduction and a very good field report avaible @ Fisher F2 @ Lost Treasure On-Line and for 'Those New To The Hobby of Metal Detecting', there's an On-Line Only club called River City Treasure Club that offers an amazing amount of information for New Comers to the hobby.

Send me a PM when the system allows you to, ( about 30 days when you are new) and I can give you tons of tips on using this one.

I suggest you dig every solid tone above iron, that doesnt change much on the depth bars on the right side. Make a note of the ID numbers when you dig, but don't rely heavily on them. Of course...I'm only doing what REVIER suggested I do! Lol!

atomicscott said:
I suggest you dig every solid tone above iron, that doesnt change much on the depth bars on the right side. Make a note of the ID numbers when you dig, but don't rely heavily on them. Of course...I'm only doing what REVIER suggested I do! Lol!

I don't know everything, especially according to my wife, but I do have an affinity to that little thing.
I know it is supposed to be just a beginners unit, the price says this and this is the general consensus, but for the life of me I can't figure out how Fisher designed something this cheap that is so sensitive and gives you so much information once you learn its little quirks and language.

Just a few of the many types of targets I have found when using mine.
Some of the best were dug when I switched to the sniper coil, also.

REVIER said:
atomicscott said:

I don't know everything, especially according to my wife, but I do have an affinity to that little thing.
I know it is supposed to be just a beginners unit, the price says this and this is the general consensus, but for the life of me I can't figure out how Fisher designed something this cheap that is so sensitive and gives you so much information once you learn its little quirks and language.

Just a few of the many types of targets I have found when using mine.
Some of the best were dug when I switched to the sniper coil, also.
WOO-HOO REVIER! Man, looking at those finds really gets me pumped to find something good today!