Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Treasure Mate pinpointer

RussC

I`m hoping that some of you guys can give me some use based feedback on the Treasure Mate. This post is a little off topic perhaps because I don`t want it for use with my Explorer II, I already have the Sunray X-1 for it and it kicks booty!

What I want is a really good pinpointer for my soon to be 8yr old son to use in conjunction with his Ace 250, something with some depth. He currently uses the Ace itself and a nearly new Whites pinpointer which aside fron having a very short probe, requires you to nearly touch an object to locate it and it also falses badly from pressure applied to the tip. Needless to say, it`s very frustrating for him.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks, Russ

I have the Vibraprobe and a newly aquired Sherlock DTS. Both are excellent but I have to say that the Sherlock DTS has more depth than any other I have used. As with the Whites the probe is short but it will hit a quarter size object from 2" easy. Just my 2 cents.
HH Gilly in Illinois

I used a whites bulls eye in the store, I could just barely get a half inch on a quarter.I heard Whites has a new one out with a built in light maybe they improved on there depth with the new one?I use the vibraprobe with my whites machine it is very durable and gets an inch on a quarter.If my vibrprobe broke I would buy another one.Nothing beats the X 1 on the minelab.I dont know how you get 2 inches with that Whites bulls eye, thats amazing. Good luck.

I've had several pinpointers over the years; a White's Bullseye, a vibraprobe, and now a Treasure Mate. Of the 3 the Treasure Mate clearly has the most depth/power. There is really no contest. For the money if you want depth this is the one to get, assuming the sunray probes won't do it for you (and on the garrett 250 they won't).

It's a great pinpointer; I have a sunray on my Explorer but when I'm using my Advantage I use this and it does a great job for me.

It has great depth. Short shaft though. If you are not afraid of voiding any warranty, get some PVC the same diameter and some same gauge wire and lengthen the shaft to about a foot.

I did it and it worked well for me until I literally wore the thing out.

Steve in INDY

Great depth! Short shaft though. If you have no problem with voiding the warranty, get some same size PVC & same gauge wire and lengthen the shaft out to about a foot.

Teach your son that the best pinpointer is in his DETECTOR. If he learns to pinpoint properly with his detector, then he can use his hand-held pinpointer for its intended purpose......preventing damage to the target due to careless probing/digging.

Steve in INDY

A fellow hunter had a brand new one that he decided he didn't want.

We both tried to set it up as per instructions and I will tell you it would not preform as I thought it should.

it was almost as bad as my whites bullseye 2 almost had to touch the coin to get it to go off and if you changed anything it would go off all the time.

Charlie